Roundball chatter

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Old rivals getting together again
10:24 AM ET
  • i

Dick VitaleCollege Basketball analyst

Each week, I'll write about the sport I love: college basketball:

• Old rivals Louisville and Memphis headline the Gotham Classic on Dec. 16 at Madison Square Garden. It will mark the 90th meeting of the teams, with the Cardinals holding a 53-36 advantage.

• North Carolina got some great news with the addition of grad transfer Cam Johnson from Pittsburgh. Johnson is a difference-maker who will be a factor for Roy Williams.

• The matchups for the ACC-Big Ten Challenge have been set. Notre Dame takes on Michigan State. Miami is at Minnesota in an intriguing showdown. Duke is at Indiana, Michigan travels to North Carolina, Wisconsin is at Virginia, Maryland visits Syracuse.

• St. John's received mixed news last week. Guard Federico Mussini decided to leave school to pursue a career in Europe. He averaged 9.5 PPG in two seasons with the Red Storm. Forward Sedee Keita transferred in from South Carolina. Keita played in 29 games for the Gamecocks last season. He will sit out the upcoming season and has three years of eligibility remaining.

• The MVC and Mountain West will resume their challenge series. Among the match-ups are Utah State at MVC newcomer Valparaiso, Colorado State at Missouri State, UNLV at Northern Iowa, Air Force at Indiana State, Illinois State at Nevada, Evansville at New Mexico and Bradley at San Diego State.
http://www.espn.com/espn/dickvitale/story/_/id/19624367/old-rivals-getting-together-again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT