Wake up
We have passed you
A better league
A state of the art practice facility
A better coaching staff
These are all recent events so yes you have been better . Key word is have been
We are now better
You couldn’t even beat DePaul with NCAA on line
A league that hasn't won a national championship in a full generation doesn't carry much leverage in "better-than-your-conference" conversations.

DePaul won more games against the Big Ten the year before last than it won in the entire Big East season that year.

Living in the past
Wake up
We have passed you
A better league
A better coaching staff
We are now better
Pikiell refuses to play anyone in the non conference and I’m still waiting for you to answer what is Rutgers best road win in the overrated 10 in the last 2 years?

Lets also not forget Pikiell with one of the worst coaching jobs in the last 5 minutes of a game to blow a chance to get to the sweet 16.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Why not unless you fear a takeover?
Because it's not a big enough game. As much as you guys like to puff your chests, the reality is not that many people care about RU basketball. It's nowhere near something like the Villanova game, which sells out the lower bowl months in advance to easily justify opening the top, knowing it'll sell.

New Jersey rivals Seton Hall, Rutgers to renew men's basketball rivalry in December​

3:57 PM ET
  • Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. -- Rutgers and Seton Hall are going to renew their men's basketball rivalry with a game at the Prudential Center on Dec. 12. The schools announced the game Tuesday.

Last year's annual Garden State Hardwood Classic was not played because the schools had trouble making a deal for the game because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Rutgers defeated then-No. 22-ranked Seton Hall 68-48 in front of a sellout crowd at the Rutgers Athletic Center in 2019 in the most recent meeting. The game will mark the 72nd matchup in a series that dates to 1916.

Rutgers, of the Big Ten Conference, is coming off of its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1991. The Scarlet Knights defeated No. 7 seed Clemson for the team's first NCAA tournament victory since 1983. Coach Steve Pikiell's team has posted back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since 1990-91 and 1991-92 and won double-digit conference games in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1989-90 and 1990-91.

Seton Hall (Big East) went 14-13 last season and had a string of four straight NCAA tournament appearances snapped. The Pirates lead the series 40-31.

Living in the past
Wake up
We have passed you
A better league
A better coaching staff
We are now better
Better coach lol

You guys are too serious. This rivalry is great for the state!
A state rivalry would be great. However, because Seton Hall is the only high major in New Jersey, a state rivalry on at the highest level of competition is pretty much impossible. Unfortunately there is no one else so we are forced to put up with your delusions of actually mattering in college athletics and belonging in Division I.

A state rivalry would be great. However, because Seton Hall is the only high major in New Jersey, a state rivalry on at the highest level of competition is pretty much impossible. Unfortunately there is no one else so we are forced to put up with your delusions of actually mattering in college athletics and belonging in Division I.
I'm not sure what that means considering even our TV deal from the Big Ten is 2x your entire athletic department revenue.

And the money you blow getting embarrassed on the football field still leaves you deep in the red every year.
Meh, might want to start paying attention to our football team the next few years. Currently have #6 recruiting class. Even first year of rebuild last year we won 3 conference games. Hardly "embarrassed".

Anyway how's SHUs football team doing?

And the money you blow getting embarrassed on the football field still leaves you deep in the red every year.
Doing just fine. Take a look. We even made it onto ESPN Game Day!

Meh, might want to start paying attention to our football team the next few years. Currently have #6 recruiting class. Even first year of rebuild last year we won 3 conference games. Hardly "embarrassed".

I love that Seton Hall doesn't have a football team. Nothing worse than college football. It would only overshadow the basketball program.

I don't give a crap about your football team. My point is that even with your B1G media deal that you're bragging about, Rutgers Athletics STILL managed to operate at a $45 million defecit in 2019 (so pre-covid). And that's not an outlier. RU athletics continually loses obscene amounts of money, even with that media deal.

Reactions: SHUMA04
I don't give a crap about your football team. My point is that even with your B1G media deal that you're bragging about, Rutgers Athletics STILL managed to operate at a $45 million defecit in 2019 (so pre-covid). And that's not an outlier. RU athletics continually loses obscene amounts of money, even with that media deal.
They are also the most subsidized P6 state school. They force everyone else to pay to continue their ineptness!

Seton Hall, like many others, is undefeated against the RU pee wee football team. Thanks for asking!

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Anyone that follows college football knows to not look at recruiting rankings this early because some of the big dogs haven’t even pushed for commitments yet. Last year Bama was #47 at this time. They wound up #1 by July. If you are still in the top ten by then, that is when you should be celebrating. Just an FYI

They are also the most subsidized P6 state school. They force everyone else to pay to

Anyone that follows college football knows to not look at recruiting rankings this early because some of the big dogs haven’t even pushed for commitments yet. Last year Bama was #47 at this time. They wound up #1 by July. If you are still in the top ten by then, that is when you should be celebrating. Just an FYI
We probably won't be top 10 but top 20 is realistic. We already have six 4* commits including the #3 dual threat QB. That would be the best recruiting class in our history. I don't really see recruiting slowing down either. We already have a 4 star committed for the next class as well with many more interested.

Schiano is getting a new practice facility etc. They're all in. We've been getting a fraction of the payout of the other B1G teams. Soon we'll be getting that full $50 million+.

We probably won't be top 10 but top 20 is realistic. We already have six 4* commits including the #3 dual threat QB. That would be the best recruiting class in our history. I don't really see recruiting slowing down either. We already have a 4 star committed for the next class as well with many more interested.

Schiano is getting a new practice facility etc. They're all in. We've been getting a fraction of the payout of the other B1G teams. Soon we'll be getting that full $50 million+.
That is possible. But all I am saying is wait to look until late July because the other schools aren’t pressing yet and they tend to get a lot of kids to flip in July.

And I will say that this is a substantial improvement so far for you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT