ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers will play at Seton Hall this season!

Who needs RU when better programs are willing to come in all the time....

Pikell needs his one shot at a resume builder around his cupcake favorites at home. Then play in the overrated conference that can't win in the tournament but is supposed to be "great"

Last edited:
Looks like the game has a sponsor. Could that be the reason

Looks like the game has a sponsor. Could that be the reason
I’m thinking the reason is Rutgers finally came to their senses, told pickle chips to knock off his temper tantrum and now knows their place. This is their national championship game, they need this game. They either play by our rules or we don’t play.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Now I just hope the ticket office follows RU's lead and takes steps to prevent RU fans from getting in the building. And that's on season ticket holders as well - don't post for public resale. Offer them here, find a SHU fan to take your place or worst case let your seats go empty rather than fall into red hands (or at the very least jack your asking price to something like triple what you paid for them).

Now I just hope the ticket office follows RU's lead and takes steps to prevent RU fans from getting in the building. And that's on season ticket holders as well - don't post for public resale. Offer them here, find a SHU fan to take your place or worst case let your seats go empty rather than fall into red hands (or at the very least jack your asking price to something like triple what you paid for them).
I will buy 10 extra tickets for family and friends

Screw that! Pickle chips doesn’t call the shots! He desperately needs this game and will do as he’s told!
you sound like a dumb little child with your ridiculous hatred for a team that has left you in their rearview mirror.

You guys hate RU. We stopped caring about Seton Hall AT ALL 10 years ago. Honestly, I'd rather beat freakin Minnesota more than your team.

Credit in the sense that the only way this game was going to be played is if Pike changed his mind about only playing the game at Rutgers.

True; the problem is it reads to a lot of folks like he did something deserving praise. I guess allowing common sense to take hold is praiseworthy these days.

Amen. As delusional as some (not all) RU fans are regarding their hoops program compared to ours, or their OOC schedule (which is usually a joke), you have the few in our fan base who constantly overplay this “big brother” card. Sure we are a better basketball program than RU and have been for some time, but we aren’t the Yankees, the Knicks, or even in the same universe as Nova. I’d gather RU has more fans in the state based solely on the amount of alums, even though many of those “fans” probably haven’t cared about basketball much until recently because of how bad RU has been over a lengthy period of time. As I understand it, we won’t even open the upper level of The Rock because of a concern that RU fans may fill those seats at our home game.

Amen. As delusional as some (not all) RU fans are regarding their hoops program compared to ours, or their OOC schedule (which is usually a joke), you have the few in our fan base who constantly overplay this “big brother” card. Sure we are a better basketball program than RU and have been for some time, but we aren’t the Yankees, the Knicks, or even in the same universe as Nova. I’d gather RU has more fans in the state based solely on the amount of alums, even though many of those “fans” probably haven’t cared about basketball much until recently because of how bad RU has been over a lengthy period of time. As I understand it, we won’t even open the upper level of The Rock because of a concern that RU fans may fill those seats at our home game.

You are not better anymore

You are not better anymore
See I don’t really hate or frankly care much about your program. I like the game because it has juice and excites some of the more casual fans, and we need as many fans/eyeballs as we can get. I’m a diehard and watch/follow regardless, but RU isn’t a rival in my view and will never be compared to Nova, SJU, Gtown, Prov, Uconn etc.

But to say we aren’t the better program anymore - come on man. One year doesn’t change anything. Nor does one NCAA win. Recent history and track record matters. And I say that when people try to pump up our last 5-6 years compared to others, not just looking at your program over the last two compared to us.

Reactions: Hallsome
Compare average attendance over the years, not just one or two years but many, many years, Seton Hall blows Rutgers away year in and year out. Do they have more alumni? Yes. Do they have more fans? Hell no, not even close!

Compare average attendance over the years, not just one or two years but many, many years, Seton Hall blows Rutgers away year in and year out. Do they have more alumni? Yes. Do they have more fans? Hell no, not even close!
I think we have more diehards or what I call consistently interested fans (but short of diehards). Which you’d expect given what we’ve been for 30+ years compared to them. I think they have more if not far more casual fans. And some of those are turning to more than that based on the last two years.

Reactions: Hallsome
What is this "credit Pikiell" crap???
I think it's appropriate. After all, it was for Pikiell and/or Rutgers to swallow their pride and admit they were trying to take advantage of the circumstances forged by the pandemic. It certainly was not for Seton Hall to relent. So you can say he doesn't deserve "credit" for doing the baseline, and that's fine, but if they didn't grow up and eat it, the series would be stalled.

I think it's appropriate. After all, it was for Pikiell and/or Rutgers to swallow their pride and admit they were trying to take advantage of the circumstances forged by the pandemic. It certainly was not for Seton Hall to relent. So you can say he doesn't deserve "credit" for doing the baseline, and that's fine, but if they didn't grow up and eat it, the series would be stalled.
He only relented bc he knows that he can’t schedule a better team.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
He only relented bc he knows that he can’t schedule a better team.
It's certainly a cost-effective road trip against a major conference opponent, which also makes sense. Either way, he relented knowing that the situation had metastasized to the point where whoever flinched would've had to eat some crow. Seton Hall was in the right for wanting to push the series a year forward in light of the pandemic, but being right doesn't always dictate action in these situations.

Last edited:
Looks like one of the little sisters with one of the biggest mouth’s is flapping his gums! This kid is such a little punk.

Looks like one of the little sisters with one of the biggest mouth’s is flapping his gums! This kid is such a little punk.

I love when individuals tell you they're a nitwit without actually saying it. What a great representative of our state university lol. Maybe Geo will actually learn something in his 5th year as a "slave" instead of being so content as a dimwit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love when individuals tell you they're a nitwit without actually saying it. What a great representative of our state university lol. Maybe Geo will actually learn something in his 5th year as a "slave" instead of being so content as a dimwit.
She’s either going to have to sign on for another year of slavery with pickle chips as her master or try to find a job somewhere. No way the NBA gives her a sniff!

Come on guys, say what you want about the school/team but attacking individual players is unnecessary.

I think we have more diehards or what I call consistently interested fans (but short of diehards). Which you’d expect given what we’ve been for 30+ years compared to them. I think they have more if not far more casual fans. And some of those are turning to more than that based on the last two years.
Yes they do
10-1

• Haha
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT