ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall speaks (sort of): Willard not on hot seat

Lloyd I was at that event and had the same thought. Willard was actually taking his time making a show of putting a mustard from a jar with a knife , eating one hot dog slowly, and dranking red wine while other participants like Tony B were actually making an eating contest effort. Willard came off as contrived and phony. It was really a non event but for some reason has always stuck in my head.

This fits my narrative to a T. But I still think there's a chance he just really hates hot dogs and needed an excuse to eat one slowly.still cane off as a dick.

If it was up to him no way he even participates. Meanwile you have Izo at msu doing just about anything you can think of.

Lloyd, I 100% thought the same thing.. I think recruits , the players would love to see a coach go all out in that. Instead he comes off pompous and arrogant.. Look at Tom Izzo, he does something crazy every year at MM. If that were him at the end of the 5 minutes he would have hot dog, ketchup , mustard all over himself cause he would try and you know what, the players would go for it , recruits too... He just doesn't have it(Willard). And I was defending this guy for a long time .

Has anyone heard from Lyons since we were completely embarrassed in the Big East tourney? Is he still working with the IT department to get his emails restored? Is he going to say anything about the basketball program anytime soon? What a joke this basketball program has become.

44 - publicly, no. But he responded to my and many other emails according to what I've read on the board. Most were described as canned responses but not sure you can expect more than that. his response to me Id call more than a canned response in that it referenced some of what I mentioned in my email (nothing specific about the future of the program or our HC). His email address is Patrick.lyons@shu.edu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT