ADVERTISEMENT

Shinola X Seton Hall X Onward Setonia

If we couldn’t sell some hats, there’s zero chance we hit this. Just a reality on the size of the fan base. It is what it is
Nothing against hats and watches but they need to be more creative on items and other venues to raise money. Unless you are buying the watch just to support NIL which is great a watch I believe does not move the needle much .

I hope they succeed but as I posted before they have to come up with better ideas to raise money. Still do not understand why they cannot have an open practice or inter squad scrimmage for X amount. I would think they would get a great turnout .
I feel like we have answered this question multiple times already. It is an NCAA violation to charge people money to watch the team practice or play another team and give it to NIL. You can have a separate autograph session after, you can have a luncheon, a basketball clinic etc but you cannot charge people to watch them play and call it NIL.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I feel like we have answered this question multiple times already. It is an NCAA violation to charge people money to watch the team practice or play another team and give it to NIL. You can have a separate autograph session after, you can have a luncheon, a basketball clinic etc but you cannot charge people to watch them play and call it NIL.
Ok then why don’t we sell tickets to an autograph session that follows an exhibition game?

Ok then why don’t we sell tickets to an autograph session that follows an exhibition game?
They have done that. People complained about the cost and I’m sure the turnout was paltry. Posters bought spaces for people to bring their kids but the complaint was then that they had to pay for the adult space themselves.

Hate to say it, comes down to the simple fact that our fans outside the die hards here and there, just suck.

There is no sea of gray jerseys at the Rock.
118 people bought 144 hats.
The watch will not get done because production numbers won’t be hit.
The Peter Millar golf attire is deemed too expensive.
Every exclusive event is bitched about because of cost.
People complain about the rise in cost for the beefsteak and complain about the food.

Blame the school? Sure, I guess somewhat. Obviously there is something amiss since we cannot cultivate the same spirit other schools can. But the blame itself lies with the fans.

We have done that in the past and I’m sure there will be some type of meet and greet at some point throughout the year. However we don’t have an exhibition game to the public that is scheduled and I can understand Sha’s point for not doing so. After NJIT last year a lot of us thought this is going to be the worst season ever. Team is not anywhere close to being ready after not being together during the summer and Sha probably doesn’t want to deal with the criticism before the season even starts.

They have done that. People complained about the cost and I’m sure the turnout was paltry. Posters bought spaces for people to bring their kids but the complaint was then that they had to pay for the adult space themselves.

Hate to say it, comes down to the simple fact that our fans outside the die hards here and there, just suck.

People complain about the rise in cost for the beefsteak and complain about the food.

Blame the school? Sure, I guess somewhat. Obviously there is something amiss since we cannot cultivate the same spirit other schools can. But the blame itself lies with the fans.
What was the cost on the autograph event - anyone remember?

Ding Ding!

its like a brand saying their customers suck for not buying their product. is it that theres demand and the people suck, or just no demand. is that the customers fault? is what it is.

this comes down to which schools can get whales. whose fault is it that whales aren't produced at SHU and alumni relations has been terrible?

its like a brand saying their customers suck for not buying their product. is it that theres demand and the people suck, or just no demand. is that the customers fault? is what it is.

this comes down to which schools can get whales. whose fault is it that whales aren't produced at SHU and alumni relations has been terrible?
If they sucked out all of the blood of our whales more the reason to have something more for the other Hall fishes in the sea. If you look at both candidates for president both camps are always asking for small time donations.

Well at least the organization is doing something to nurture the fan base and grow the donation funnel like providing assistant coaches to the trove for interviews…

Reactions: Powerful Pirates
If they sucked out all of the blood of our whales more the reason to have something more for the other Hall fishes in the sea. If you look at both candidates for president both camps are always asking for small time donations.
i think the big donations can subsidize some of the efforts for the small donations. the problem is that shu doesn't have a big fanbase to nickel the numbers out. and the one they have they alienated for so many years.

Reactions: cubbob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT