Dalembert
Teague
Delgado
Avent
Pope
Ramos
Wright
Someone else?

Dalembert was so athletic and quick. I loved watching him run down smaller opposing players on fast breaks and blocking them from behind. He was also one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Most talented - Dalembert and it's not close.

Most individually accomplished at Seton Hall - Delgado

Answer to question Delgado slightly over Avent.

1) Anthony Avent - 17.8 its and 9.9 reb hitting 75% FT and Final 8 and Championship Game.
2) Angel Delgado - 15.2 and 13 Reb a game. Would probably go to 1 if he stays another year.

3) Herb Pope - two years at the Hall averaged double doubles
4) Ramon Ramos - 11.9 its and 7.6 Reb senior year.
5) Sam Dalembert - 8.3 pts, 5.7 Reb and 2 blocks a game
6) Gene Teague - averaged 11 pts and 7 reb for 2 years
7) Luther Wright - 9 pts and 7.5 reb last year at school.

For me, it's close at the moment...with a TBD at #2

1. Anthony Avent - stats were very good and was on teams that went 8-2 in the NCAA tourney
2. Angel Delgado - another year and he would easily take the top spot
3. Dalembert
4. Ramos

That Avent guy seemed pretty good.

Is sammy d in jail? As a sixers fan i always rooted for the guy.

How about

Dalembert
Teague
Delgado
Avent
Pope
Ramos
Wright
Someone else?

I understand that Mark Bryant was a power forward. He carved out an admirable NBA career at that position. I just looked at a roster from 1987-88 and no center was listed, only forwards. MB had to play the post a lot by default in those days. I lucked into sixth row seats at the Big East Tournament that year or the year before (my memory is getting worse). What I do remember intensely is having that close a view of MB mixing it up with Patrick Ewing. Georgetown won, but Ewing was happy to get out of there in one piece.

For that reason alone, I think he needs honorable mention.

I understand that Mark Bryant was a power forward. He carved out an admirable NBA career at that position. I just looked at a roster from 1987-88 and no center was listed, only forwards. MB had to play the post a lot by default in those days. I lucked into sixth row seats at the Big East Tournament that year or the year before (my memory is getting worse). What I do remember intensely is having that close a view of MB mixing it up with Patrick Ewing. Georgetown won, but Ewing was happy to get out of there in one piece.

For that reason alone, I think he needs honorable mention.
How do you omit Walter Dukes or is that too far back?

Reactions: Pirate64
Ramos played center in 87-88.

Like I said, I might have been off on the year. Regardless, we had a lot of great PF's in that era and no true centers. Avent became a PF in the NBA, and Ramos was on that trajectory before his tragedy.

Loved Avent as a Sr. Depended on his jump hook and it made him a lot of money. Ramos too was specially awesome his Sr year. I think Luther was the most talented.

Sam
Avent/Ramos
Lu

Loved Avent as a Sr. Depended on his jump hook and it made him a lot of money. Ramos too was specially awesome his Sr year. I think Luther was the most talented.

Sam
Avent/Ramos
Lu

Luther certainly had the best NBA body. But, his skills and mind were not up to that standard. You can't be 7'2" and miss the amount of dunks that he missed during his career. The guy had a soft touch but he should have been dominant and used a drop step dunk move instead of going weak to the basket. He infuriated me when he played. The guy was built of steel and played so soft. This is why he is at the bottom of my list.

Anthony Avent had a lot to do with our being so good during his days in the old Big East. I'll go with that. Ramos a close second because he was great in a great Big East and a shame he banged his head during the NCAA'S. Bad luck followed this poor guy.

Marvin Morris - 6' 4" SF who PJ had play center against some of the BE's best centers of all time.

How about

Dalembert
Teague
Delgado
Avent
Pope
Ramos
Wright
Someone else?

Another tough one. Sammy was an absolute beast as a shot blocker....but had little to no offensive game. Avent was a very good player.....Ramos, well you have to love the heart of a lion that he had.....similar to my ultimate choice....Delgado. Now come back Angel and prove me right!

I think Luther had the potential to be the most physically talented followed closely by Sam D. Luther had all the physical tools but did not have the emotional tools to realize his full potential.

I think Luther had the potential to be the most physically talented followed closely by Sam D. Luther had all the physical tools but did not have the emotional tools to realize his full potential.

And he was ill served by so called advisors.

Sam
Ramon
Avent
Angel
Teague
Pope

What many people forget is that Glenn Mosley also played center particularly in the 73-74 season but is never thought of as a center. On that team there was a fan favorite who came off the bench to play center in Mike Buescher.

Last edited:
Mike Buescher was drafted after his senior year. In those days however, there were Ten rounds. Can anyone verify this?

Mike Buescher was drafted after his senior year. In those days however, there were Ten rounds. Can anyone verify this?

I don't remember that but I know he played in what was the top professional minor league in Basketball at the time , the Eastern Basketball Association where former Knick Mike Riordan started out in.

If I had to pick a center to build a team around: Ramon Ramos hands down.
Avent second.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT