ADVERTISEMENT

SHU Soccer Question?

NYC Pirate

All World
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2007
My question would be that SHU looks like they have become a respectable Men's Soccer program again. I believe there was a year where they did not win a game a few years back? Last year they at least competed at a better level. This season although still early they are in every game with a chance to win. Can we take away anything from the last three matches, a win vs SJU, a very close OT loss to Gtown via a Penalty Kick and a zero to zero OT tie at Uconn? The last 2 on the road. Too early to say or are they knocking at the door maybe a year away?

Georgetown is a very very good program, the are a top 5 team in the country and I believe they won the previous national championship. So keeping up with them and I think losing on a goal off a penalty kick rebound is a good start and the country has taken native with shu getting votes in rankings. I am cautiously optimistic, especially with not seeing them play yet. I am not sure how UConn is now as a program. But SJU was top 25 when they beat them, Georgetown is top 5 I think maybe even top 3. So it’s looking up as of now.

I think if I got the head coaching job as some knuckleheads on here thought I wanted it and was jealous, I think a shu team coached by myself would have beaten Georgetown and UConn easily and I would have the team ranked in the top 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT