ADVERTISEMENT

SI Problemo

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/19/media/sports-illustrated-layoffs/index.html

Laying off most of their staff. I think I had a subscription with them for over 30 years and had boxes in the basement. Once per brand.

Really dumb decision going the SWJ and celebrity route in the last five years. Megan Rapinoe, Naomi Osaka, and Deion Sanders at sports persons of the year. What a joke.
i saw that with deion. what for, being dead last (1-8) in the conference??? what a fraud.

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
Really dumb decision going the SWJ and celebrity route in the last five years. Megan Rapinoe, Naomi Osaka, and Deion Sanders at sports persons of the year. What a joke.

That didn't have anything to do with what is happening. Restructurings and layoffs have been occurring there well before the current social environment. Magazines for sports is just not relevant anymore.

It used to be a must read every week for most sports fans. Their peak subscriber base occurred decades ago. They were never able to adapt.

That didn't have anything to do with what is happening. Restructurings and layoffs have been occurring there well before the current social environment. Magazines for sports is just not relevant anymore.

It used to be a must read every week for most sports fans. Their peak subscriber base occurred decades ago. They were never able to adapt.
The SWJ was a desperation move to get some eyeballs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT