ADVERTISEMENT

Softball status / prospect

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
What is our softball coaching status ? Who ever it is then I hope they already have a connection with a home state phenom

If we are wanting to make in roads in NJ then there is a hot prospect who is not that far from campus!!! - Reading article about this Soph pitcher Sarah Davenport in Somerset County who pitched 2 perfect games and 2 no hitters this year!! A crazy amount of strikeouts and obviously a sub 1 ERA.

She could very well be the type of player for the new staff to follow, because quite honestly I’d rather value the promising local ones over third-tier players from the west coast. BUT …. a word of caution in reading these stories: When it comes to being a solid D1 prospect, high school results mean zero. It’s what they do the rest of the year on the club level that makes them a worthy prospect. You’d be amazed at how many All-State players are exposed playing at the club level. Two of the very, very best NJ high school pitchers from the past five years, for instance, were totally ineffective pitching in the Big East. Not at all to say that the pitcher you referenced isn’t a prospect, because I have no idea, but whatever she or anyone else does for her club team, particular as a pitcher in NJ, means 1000 percent more than what she’s done for her high school team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT