ADVERTISEMENT

St. John's @ UBS Arena 2/18

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
The Rock
Never too soon to start thinking about a road trip when you aren't the one playing. After last night's beatdown of St. John's, I've been excited about our return trip to play the Johnnies on their turf. But this year, as we all probably heard, it's not at MSG, it is at UBS Arena out by the Queens/Nassau Co. border on Sunday 2/18 at 5pm. Also, the bigger part, that's Presidents' Day weekend!

Sunday afternoon/evening game a little further out from NJ might have been a question mark for me, given Monday on the horizon, but I think this team has been playing so well and Sha has put together such an incredibly good product as the season has gone along, I want to make the trip out there and hope all who post here make the trip too. Big positive that Monday is a holiday.

If there were ever a time to show up and support the team on the road, this would be it. I hope the university can put together a bunch of student busses out there. Planning to drag along some SHU alum friends of mine who haven't gone to games in a while. Who else is planning to go?

Last edited:
Never too soon to start thinking about a road trip when you aren't the one playing. After last night's beatdown of St. John's, I've been excited about our return trip to play the Johnnies on their turf. But this year, as we all probably heard, it's not at MSG, it is at UBS Arena out by Queens on Sunday 2/18 at 5pm. Also, the bigger part, that's Presidents' Day weekend!

Sunday afternoon/evening game a little further out from NJ might have been a question mark for me, given Monday on the horizon, but I think this team has been playing so well and Sha has put together such an incredibly good product as the season has gone along, I want to make the trip out there and hope all who post here make the trip too. Big positive that Monday is a holiday.

If there were ever a time to show up and support the team on the road, this would be it. I hope the university can put together a bunch of student busses out there. Planning to drag along some SHU alum friends of mine who haven't gone to games in a while. Who else is planning to go?
This is actually a break for the Hall
More of a neutral court environment

I would not say a neutral court but I get your point. Their on campus is a tough place to play. MSG is a great venue, but allows a lot of our fans to be there. If SJU continues to play well there should be a nice engaged crowd there. Not sure how that 5pm Sunday starting time affects the atmosphere. Either way that will be one of the revenge games against SHU,that the team will face the rest of the way.

I would not say a neutral court but I get your point. Their on campus is a tough place to play. MSG is a great venue, but allows a lot of our fans to be there. If SJU continues to play well there should be a nice engaged crowd there. Not sure how that 5pm Sunday starting time affects the atmosphere. Either way that will be one of the revenge games against SHU,that the team will face the rest of the way.
I made the same mistake when the schedule came out. They're not playing the game in Queens, they are playing at UBS arena in Nassau County, where the Islanders play.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
President’s Day 2024 is February 19. You’re welcome. I know the OP noted it but let’s highlight!

Unless you’re unfortunate enough that you have to work, but many have the Sunday excuse removed.

Should make the trek up for this one.

The Seton Hall BOOSTER CLUB will be well represented with seats in the lower section behind the Seton Hall bench. And you will hear us.

Surprisingly we have a few seats left. Trip from SHU - Dinner and a Game.

Call Vince immediately at 908 672-3399 if interested.

Go PIRATES!!!

SJU played Hofstra at UBS. Almost ended up being a Hofstra home game

SJU played Hofstra at UBS. Almost ended up being a Hofstra home game
That is so not true. It was 85-15 SJU fans that day, so I am calling 100% BS on your post. Stop making things up to try to create a narrative.

The UBS games are in the SJU season ticket plan.

I have had my tickets for several weeks now. I usually go to the garden and decided to take the trip to Long Island

That is so not true. It was 85-15 SJU fans that day, so I am calling 100% BS on your post. Stop making things up to try to create a narrative.

The UBS games are in the SJU season ticket plan.
I watched the game on TV and was referencing what was said on the broadcast. Relax this isn’t exactly making up a narrative

The Seton Hall BOOSTER CLUB will be well represented with seats in the lower section behind the Seton Hall bench. And you will hear us.

Go PIRATES!!!
Is that Section 105?

That was not said on TV either so another untrue comment
Even our good friend who is a SJ grad and bonkers about the team said UBS is not a great venue for the school and doesn't draw well. Apparently students have a 4-game package deal for M & W games there.

Reactions: MTOleBlue

Go PIRATES!!!
Planning to drive with some friends over to the arena but hope to sit near the SHU bench too. What section is it?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT