ADVERTISEMENT

Student Center announced - Practice / Dorms next?

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
So the school announcement the complete over hall of the Student Center which based on the renderings is going to be pretty impressive. No timing was announced as to when it will start. Did I see that WSOU and TV studio would move over?

Walsh is set to go after Spring semester but any further updates on New Practice facility and the construction of the new stores/apartments where Turrell Manor is. I would think both of those two would help a bit in the recruiting world

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Renderings look nice. They should include a spot for the Pub. What year did they stop the Thursday night pub?

So the school announcement the complete over hall of the Student Center which based on the renderings is going to be pretty impressive. No timing was announced as to when it will start. Did I see that WSOU and TV studio would move over?

Walsh is set to go after Spring semester but any further updates on New Practice facility and the construction of the new stores/apartments where Turrell Manor is. I would think both of those two would help a bit in the recruiting world
They are going to have a studio space that can be ulitized by shu athletics, wsou and campus Pirate TV

A few years ago, I believe 2016, a video surfaced that was from an architectural firm which showed a master plan for campus construction. Their version of the remodeled student center looked suspiciously like the new artist renderings. There was also a welcoming center ( Bethany Hall ) and Mooney Hall becoming the home for the College of Communications & the Arts including a new Theater in-the-Round. The video disappeared as it reportedly was not for public viewing. There were more renovations but I cannot remember the details, hell I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. Maybe somebody can do some digging & find that video.

Renderings look nice. They should include a spot for the Pub. What year did they stop the Thursday night pub?
92-93 I think. Because it was very recently gone when I started in 93.

I remember that video! That version had Duffy Hall being knocked down and the University Center being extended to include that as well as an additional story being added. It didn’t look like it would be that big from the rendering. Was there any mention of knocking down Duffy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT