ADVERTISEMENT

TA makes the NCAA again.

TomD82

All American
Nov 17, 2008
Good game at the Plaestra. Some good defense by his team and a couple of nice offense sets to get a good look in crunch time. Yale still had a chance, but the shot and tip attempt did not fall.

TA can't coach, Louis Orr couldn't coach, Steve Lavin can't coach.
Have we extended Kevin Willard again yet?

On a more someber note a wished Danny Hurley and URI had beaten Dayton today.

I was rooting for Yale. Not because of Amaker, but because I wanted to see a different Ivy school get a bid.

Watched most of the Dayton-Rhode Island game and was pulling for Danny. They would have had a good chance tomorrow because VCU will be playing their fourth game in four days. By the way, can Shaka Smart coach or what? He pretty much schooled McKillop today, which is no easy task as McKillop is a tremendous coach. VCU lost three-in-a-row after Weber's season-ending knee injury (and later two in a row when Graham was hurt), but have otherwise regrouped nicely. They're fun to watch, and if any team plays harder for their coach I haven't seen them.

Not sure which job Shaka is waiting on, but he surely can coach a top-flight program. It'll be interesting to see how much they have left in the tank on Sunday. Right now, the A10 is filled with quality coaches.

I'll be rooting for Bobby Hurley to lead Buffalo to their first-ever NCAA bid tonight.

I would take TA back in a heart beat along with a Blaney clone.We need an exciting recruiter big time as everyone on this board already knows.

Jim,

I don't understand Smart. I mean UCLA offers you and you have a chance to do something big with the PAC 12 not all that strong UA is offensively challenged if you ask me and he turns it down?

I don't mean for him to have taken the USC job or another football first school lob like Alabama, but come on what job is he waiting for is right?

Maybe Florida if/when Billy Donovan heads for the NBA? Or a prime ACC job such as Duke or UNC?

I'll bet his name gets bandied about should Indiana cut ties with Crean, along with Brad Stevens and maybe Jay Wright.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT