ADVERTISEMENT

Takal Molson

55/205 (.268) from 3 this year, where he took half his shots.

We need to focus on brining in a scorer. Especially a 3pt shooter to replace Powell. Next year the offense will be a struggle but the year after the offense is going to be extremely weak.

Still prefer the grad transfer this year to compliment having MP in his final season and to strengthen our position in the BE. Given the strong positive comments about our prospects in the 2020 class the only sit out a year transfer I would consider would be a high quality talent that could make an impact when eligible...

Still prefer the grad transfer this year to compliment having MP in his final season and to strengthen our position in the BE. Given the strong positive comments about our prospects in the 2020 class the only sit out a year transfer I would consider would be a high quality talent that could make an impact when eligible...
Agreed. Next year is THE year. 2021 and 2022 will likely be rebuilding years. Need to focus on filling the gaps in next year’s team.

Doesn’t make sense in my opinion to burn a scholarship (technically we are already full) on a non-eligible player. If a scholarship does open up I would like to see it used on a grad transfer who can shoot.

Reactions: deheremike
Agreed. Next year is THE year. 2021 and 2022 will likely be rebuilding years. Need to focus on filling the gaps in next year’s team.

Doesn’t make sense in my opinion to burn a scholarship (technically we are already full) on a non-eligible player. If a scholarship does open up I would like to see it used on a grad transfer who can shoot.

Actually, I would hope that 2021 and 2022 are beyond what we see now. If Skinn and Woodward can do their thing and deliver between now and then, then those are the years where the program should truly take off...not now.

That said, next year’s team will have a deficiency or two that I’d love to see addressed by the right grad transfer(s)

Reactions: TommyAlly
we need a scorer Juco or Grad Transfer who can ease the scoring burden on Powell next year!!

I think it’s ok to kick the tires here, the kid was 1st team All MAAC this past year for a team that finished in 2nd place behind Iona. His first season he was named Conference Rookie of the Year. I like his guard size at 6-5 and it seems he can rebound which our current guards struggle with. During the year off if he can focus on improving his 3 pt shooting percentage we may have something here.

Reactions: SetonHall11
To me this is due diligence, another seat in the musical chairs.

Molson’s usage was akin to Powell’s. Did everything for Canisus, which is probably why his 3PT% was way down. 2PT was terrific. Role would be different st SHU.

Just because he is visiting, does not mean we are offering.
Since he played in the MAAC we probably have a good scouting report on him since SHA coaches in the MAAC and SPU has played against him. I'm pretty sure he would relay that information to Coach Willard and SHA would know how if Molson is a BE talent or not.

IMO the important question isn’t if he is he a big east caliber or not, it’s is he the best fit/compliment to this team of available players that we have a chance at.

The 3 point percentage scares the crap out of me.

Watched a lot of tape on him, kid fills it up but isn’t very efficient or explosive at all. My concern is his defending, he does get a lot of steals but his lateral quickness isn’t strong at all.

Since he played in the MAAC we probably have a good scouting report on him since SHA coaches in the MAAC and SPU has played against him. I'm pretty sure he would relay that information to Coach Willard and SHA would know how if Molson is a BE talent or not.

No offense at all to Sha, because he is a SHU great, but he is one of the most overrated figures in the history of this board. And not to begrudge him at all... it’s just that the praise he receives here is over the top.

What’s so hard to understand? I’m not saying he wasn’t a great player, but I feel he is definitely over-worshipped beyond proportion on this site. The post I replied to is a typical example of that.

No offense at all to Sha, because he is a SHU great, but he is one of the most overrated figures in the history of this board. And not to begrudge him at all... it’s just that the praise he receives here is over the top.
Did I just give SHA over the top praise with my post? The man has worked with Coach Willard for many years as his assistant coach( including as an associate coach). So I would think that Coach Willard values his input. So it wouldn't hurt to find out what SHA thinks about the player.

Reactions: thehall07
It’s not your one post, it’s this whole board over the years. And it’s nothing against Sha at all, it’s just the over-indulgence of this board, which to me kind of views him like 13 year old girls view Taylor Swift.

It’s not your one post, it’s this whole board over the years. And it’s nothing against Sha at all, it’s just the over-indulgence of this board, which to me kind of views him like 13 year old girls view Taylor Swift.
‘‘Tis true

I disagree it seems that you have a personal agenda against Sha . So any comment that you give is more than tainted against Sha. And your comment about Taylor Swift is so old one wonders how out of touch you are with the real world.

Reactions: lokiSHU
I have absolutely nothing against Sha.

What I am saying is that this board’s view toward him is over the top. It’s not his fault in any way how or why that’s happened. I’m being critical of the board, not him.

Is this some sort of contingency C plan? If it is, it’s fine. We all know how our A and B recruiting plans have gone recently. However, since 2020 is a huge year for the program in which we expect a big recruiting haul, this would be a huge disappointment if we signed him.

Seems like a bigger version of Q who played at a slightly better level. If we had another Q to replace Q after next year that works for me.

Reactions: thehall07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT