ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible Job by Fox Sports

newshu1

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2016
How is the 2nd round, Sweet 16 and I presume the Elite 8 game not on any of their networks? They could at least throw it on FS2 or the APP. Instead we have to watch these 7/11 security camera footage streams on youtube and tarheels.com lol

How is the 2nd round, Sweet 16 and I presume the Elite 8 game not on any of their networks? They could at least throw it on FS2 or the APP. Instead we have to watch these 7/11 security camera footage streams on youtube and tarheels.com lol

I posted this in another thread when you made the same complaint the other day.

They can't. ESPN is the rights holder for the tournament Semi-Finals and Finals and there are no national rights sold for the other rounds.

If anything one of the regional sports nets such as SNY or MSG could pick up the rights if they had an open window and were inclined.

Men's Soccer is bundled as part of the NCAA rights package for all sports other than Men's and Women's Basketball and Football (which the NCAA has no control of anyway). Fox has no rights to any of the NCAA tournaments across all sports.

I posted this in another thread when you made the same complaint the other day.

Men's Soccer is bundled as part of the NCAA rights package for all sports other than Men's and Women's Basketball and Football (which the NCAA has no control of anyway). Fox has no rights to any of the NCAA tournaments across all sports.
Not sure if the NCAA would allow - is it possible that the student run station (which is free to viewers) send down a crew to broadcast the game? Wouldn't cost much to send a van of students to NC to cover the game, perhaps have Fanta doing commentary.

Not sure if the NCAA would allow - is it possible that the student run station (which is free to viewers) send down a crew to broadcast the game? Wouldn't cost much to send a van of students to NC to cover the game, perhaps have Fanta doing commentary.
And what would that gain sending students and where would it be broadcast? It would be similar quality / angles to NCAA broadcast we saw on internet for 1st few games. While it is not optimal, if you want to watch game it was perfectly fine.

Well newshus point still holds true. Terrible job by ESPN then...it’s a valid complaint.

Reactions: newshu1
Well newshus point still holds true. Terrible job by ESPN then...it’s a valid complaint.

Again, it's isn't.

As part of the current arrangement, there are no national rights granted prior to the College Cup (Final Four). That rules out ESPN (and presumably ESPN+) and any other national entity.

The NCAA can and I'm sure would do so willingly, sell the early round rights to a local channel or regional sports network such as SNY or MSG. That presumes anyone is interested and has an available window for the broadcast. It's Seton Hall soccer, realistically there's not that much interest outside the community. There are few here who would care at all if we weren't playing.

Sure the NCAA will allow -- for the nominal rights fee it charges. Plus, the cost of sending people to cover it. If you get Fanta you have to pay him as well, even if he works the game from his apartment. It's probably not a burden financially but it seems to be more trouble than it's worth for a few hundred or low four figure viewers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT