ADVERTISEMENT

Texas @ Hall

No we aren’t playing You this year
We are playing Michigan , Michigan State , Iowa . Illinois , Ohio State , Purdue , Wisconsin , etc

And eight non-conference games with a NET of 300 or worse which will do nothing for you when you finish 7-13 in the Big 14. You aspire to mediocrity.

Double digit wins last 2 years

2-7 against the top six in the league last year. Your own conference treats you like a lower tier team scheduling you Northwestern and Nebraska while the big boys play each other. Aspire to mediocrity.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
This thread has gone off the rails, lol.

Yes, Rutgers indisputably usually plays a soft OOC. Most Rutgers fans I know acknowledge this. Perhaps that will change as the program continues to improve.

No, we aren't afraid of playing Rutgers. And Rutgers isn't afraid of playing us. Historically it has been a game RU benefits from more b/c our basketball program has been better. But that can change.

Yes, Rutgers gets credit for winning a first round tourney game this year. If the "shoe" were on our foot, we'd be clamoring about that. And, yes, we have to deal with Rutgers having as many wins in the dance as we've had during the KW era. What does that mean? Really, not much, especially since we lost a possible 2020 run and because one game is one game. But their fans bringing up that game are exactly what many of our fanbase would do if the situation were reversed. Hell, we have fans who are jealous of how Sanogo and Posh played this past year -- can't deal with the real estate those guys have in their brains -- and bring up the fact that on total we had a winning record against those players (again, as if that somehow diminishes them as players, or means we would not desperately want them on our team, because we would). So if the shoe fits.

And, last, this whole he-said, she-said about what happened last year related to the RU/Hall game has become way overblown and gotten far more attention than it deserves.

I'd be surprised if SJU plays more than one game a year at USB and it probably motivates them to upgrade the non-conference schedule because I doubt they're going to play Big East games there. Figure six or seven games at MSG, one more at Belmont and six or seven games on campus.

As for us and Texas, it's good to get another national brand name in Newark.

Now I want to see if @GOHALL85 has one of those split uniforms. Lol.

I'd be surprised if SJU plays more than one game a year at USB and it probably motivates them to upgrade the non-conference schedule because I doubt they're going to play Big East games there. Figure six or seven games at MSG, one more at Belmont and six or seven games on campus.

As for us and Texas, it's good to get another national brand name in Newark.

Now I want to see if @GOHALL85 has one of those split uniforms. Lol.
No chance! The game is right before finals so my son says he can’t be here. I’ve seen him finagle his way out of a lot of things over the years, so I can see him sitting next to me. UgH!

• Haha
Reactions: TheHall87
No chance! The game is right before finals so my son says he can’t be here. I’ve seen him finagle his way out of a lot of things over the years, so I can see him sitting next to me. UgH!

Grad school? I thought I saw he had graduated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT