ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you George Blaney!

Holloway also learned some things not to do from Blaney, in terms of style and being on top of things. He’s acknowledged such and how some took advantage of George’s more laid back approach.

Ah the Blaney years. Once Richie Parker got denied entrance felt he was snake bitten. Some really lean years until Amaker came.

But he the reboot he had working under Calhoun worked out for him.

Thanks Geogre for getting Sha

Reactions: Section112
Wow. Richie Parker.

now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

One of the things I will always remember about the Blaney years is a fan who used to sit a few rows in front of me that would always stand up with his “curious george” sign.

Ah the Blaney years. Once Richie Parker got denied entrance felt he was snake bitten. Some really lean years until Amaker came.

But he the reboot he had working under Calhoun worked out for him.

Thanks Geogre for getting Sha
This. They were rolling to a bid year one until the Parker tumult and the season cratered. Who knows what might have been. UCONN kids loved him.

Also, a St. Peter’s Prep legend.

The Blaney hire was a devastatingly bad move. But he did reel in Shaheen. That has already paid dividends and is about to pay far more.

Greg Herenda deserves a lot of credit. Was instrumental in the process.
Believe me Herenda gets 100% credit for getting Sha and we were getting Timmy Thomson until Nova offered Jimmy Solomon a job which we did not do because he did not have sufficient college credits. Nova pulled a fast one and gave him some B S title to get around the academic standers .

Believe me Herenda gets 100% credit for getting Sha and we were getting Timmy Thomson until Nova offered Jimmy Solomon a job which we did not do because he did not have sufficient college credits. Nova pulled a fast one and gave him some B S title to get around the academic standers .
Yep correct. And EggMan as well! RIP Coach W.

Blaney had a great staff at the time but although he was a great person unfortunately he did not want to do the extra stuff to get recruits .
Besides Herenda and Egg Man Darren Savino now the Associate head coach at UCLA was the grad assistant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT