1. Buffalo
2. Philly

3. Giants
4. Jets
5. Dallas
6. New England
7. Miami

8. Washington

Giving a very slight nod to the AFC east as I believe that the Bills are clearly the best team and Washington the worst.

I think that is fair. Hoping for the best news possible on Hall. I didn't see it (that damn youth soccer), but all of the headlines I see online don't paint a pretty picture.

P.S.: Giants fan here.

Last edited:
As an Eagles fan it boggles my mind that we can be undefeated and just as likely finish 3rd in the DIVISION.

Insane

But which east is better?

Buffalo, Jets, Miami and New England are a combined

17-9 with a points for/against at +127

Philly, Giants, Dallas and Washington are a combined

20-7 with a points for/against at +77

Opinions?
In the words of Parcells you are what your record says you are. Philly undefeated, Giants second best record in NFL, Dallas 5-2 mostly with backup QB. Washington has won 2 straight and may not be any worse that New England. Have to go NFC East. There is no NET rating on wins for point differential. They just count wins in NFL.

I would go like this

To date

1. Buffalo
2. Philly

3. Giants
4. Jets
5. Dallas
6. New England
7. Miami

8. Washington

Giving a very slight nod to the AFC east as I believe that the Bills are clearly the best team and Washington the worst.
Other then putting the Jets third ahead of the Giants at fourth because I think the Jets are better defensively I agree with the rest of your rankings .

not sure how you can rank giants ahead of Dallas when Dallas beat giants in New York with their backup quarterback.
One game doesn't dictate rankings.

Is Tampa Bay better than Dallas as they blew them out 19-3 with Zak starting?

Reactions: PirateFan94
not sure how you can rank giants ahead of Dallas when Dallas beat giants in New York with their backup quarterback.
It was a 1 score game which Neal as a rookie was overmatched. He’s gotten better as has the team each week. Any given Sunday. I think the teams are pretty close, Giants have the better record. Giants also played without their 2 best edge rushers. If the Giants win on thanksgiving does that automatically make them the better team even if they lose the next 3 prior to that? Is St. Peter’s better than Kentucky?

One game doesn't dictate rankings.

Is Tampa Bay better than Dallas as they blew them out 19-3 with Zak starting?
I agree, but I'm not sure how you can watch all 7 games of each team to date, and state that Giants are better than Dallas. Yes, TB was a bad game, but I could say that the Giants should have lost an additional 2-3 games. As such, the only evidence I can use to date separate the two is their head to head matchup in which Dallas won pretty convincingly with their backup QB on the road. Yes, I know the score was one TD difference, but there was not much concern in the final outcome of that game IMHO.

Reactions: Flnj86
I would go like this

To date

1. Buffalo
2. Philly

3. Giants
4. Jets
5. Dallas
6. New England
7. Miami

8. Washington

Don't understand the thinking with NE ahead of Miami. Recency bias with Belicheck maybe. NE not only lost to Miami but also have only beaten 1-5 lions, 2-5 Steelers, and 2-5 Browns. I would go:

1. Buff
2. Philthy

3. Dallas (beat Giants)
4. Giants (all the right levers being pulled)
5. Jets / Miami (Jets beat Miami but with their third string QB. Miami 4-0 with Tua finishing game)

7. Belicheat (Unimpressive wins to date)

8. Wash

I agree, but I'm not sure how you can watch all 7 games of each team to date, and state that Giants are better than Dallas. Yes, TB was a bad game, but I could say that the Giants should have lost an additional 2-3 games. As such, the only evidence I can use to date separate the two is their head to head matchup in which Dallas won pretty convincingly with their backup QB on the road. Yes, I know the score was one TD difference, but there was not much concern in the final outcome of that game IMHO.
Maybe you didn't watch the game. Giants had the ball with a little over a minute to go to end the game. Yes they lost but the formula that has worked in every game this year was in tact...keep the game close and make plays to close it out. That game they just fell short.

You mean this great drive to end the game:

• INTERCEPTION3 PLAYS, 7 YARDS, 0:34
    DAL23NYG16
    • 1st & 10 at NYG 9​

(1:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Jones pass short middle to S.Shepard to NYG 21 for 12 yards (A.Brown).
    • 1st & 10 at NYG 21​

(1:22 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Jones pass incomplete deep right to S.Shepard.
    • 2nd & 10 at NYG 21​

(1:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) PENALTY on NYG-E.Neal, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NYG 21 - No Play.
    • 2nd & 15 at NYG 16​

(1:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Jones pass deep left intended for D.Sills INTERCEPTED by T.Diggs at NYG 36. T.Diggs to NYG 29 for 7 yards. NYG-S.Shepard was injured during the play.

You mean this great drive to end the game:

• INTERCEPTION3 PLAYS, 7 YARDS, 0:34
    DAL23NYG16
    • 1st & 10 at NYG 9​

(1:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Jones pass short middle to S.Shepard to NYG 21 for 12 yards (A.Brown).
    • 1st & 10 at NYG 21​

(1:22 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Jones pass incomplete deep right to S.Shepard.
    • 2nd & 10 at NYG 21​

(1:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) PENALTY on NYG-E.Neal, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NYG 21 - No Play.
    • 2nd & 15 at NYG 16​

(1:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Jones pass deep left intended for D.Sills INTERCEPTED by T.Diggs at NYG 36. T.Diggs to NYG 29 for 7 yards. NYG-S.Shepard was injured during the play.

Where did I say it was a great drive. What I said is that it was a 1 score game and Giants had the ball with a chance to tie or go ahead in the final 2 minutes. Not to mention the giants were ahead 13-6 in the second half and tied with 8+ minute to go. My point is that it was a very close game and just because 1 team pulled it out doesn't necessarily make them better. Same as if the giants lost some of their other games and beat Dallas that day wouldn't necessarily make them better. I think they are both good teams that could beat each other any given sunday.

Season is still early, don't count your chickens yet. It feels good in the moment.

Mets and Yankees were on track for a Subway Series, until they weren't.

But which east is better?

Buffalo, Jets, Miami and New England are a combined

17-9 with a points for/against at +127

Philly, Giants, Dallas and Washington are a combined

20-7 with a points for/against at +77

Opinions?
I think the NFC East is a little better. A little, even though the W-L record is a few games better.
Buffalo IMO is the most talented team of them all. But Philly is playing great and has a better record than the Bills and Dallas is a very good team too (I hate to admit it bc I hate them). The NFC East has two teams IMO that are better (more talented) than the two combined best teams in the AFC East IMO (Bills and Miami). The Giants are as good as New England and the Jets even though they have a better record (and I'm a Giants fan). Washington is the worst team of both divisions. Frankly it is very close but I give the NFC East a better rating by a hair. In the end probably only two teams in that bunch that can make the SB (Bills and Philly) but we will learn more as the season progresses. Jets and Giants are the biggest surprises of the league by far.

Reactions: Bluebeard
While the season is still early there are certain positives that we can feel good about and are not an aberration.

1. The coaching staff led by its Head Coach and both Coordinators is light years ahead of their predecessors and can take you to the playoffs.
2. Daniel Jones has made solid strides in his development and has changed the debate about whether you can win with him and you can.
3. Barkley is the real deal and has been a major reason for the Giants early success.

Brutal news today for the Jets as two of their very best players are now out for the season.

Breece Hall and Alijah Vera-Tucker. Talk about snake bit.

I would go like this

To date

1. Buffalo
2. Philly

3. Giants
4. Jets
5. Dallas
6. New England
7. Miami

8. Washington

How is Miami behind New England? Already beat them this season and the QB is garbage

Brutal news today for the Jets as two of their very best players are now out for the season.

Breece Hall and Alijah Vera-Tucker. Talk about snake bit.
Traded for James Robinson who is a decent RB

Season is still early, don't count your chickens yet. It feels good in the moment.

Mets and Yankees were on track for a Subway Series, until they weren't.
They both made playoffs. If both Giants and Jets make postseason i think we’d New happy

How is Miami behind New England? Already beat them this season and the QB is garbage
Can't debate that now considering last night's Chicago victory, 33-14 over the New England Patriots.

I now drop the Patriots one spot to number 7, just above Washington. Records in this case trump the plus/minus of the teams.

Dolphins -18
Pat +9

Eagles go 20-0! Let's go Birds!! Phillies win World Series. Let's go Phightins!

Last edited:
Huge Giants fan here. Eagles are the best team in the NFC East, IMO. And Dallas is next, despite the Gmen having a better record. I think the Cowboys have significant more talent than the Giants. Which is what makes what Daboll & Co are doing even more impressive.

I think the Eagles, Cowboys and Niners are the three best teams in the NFC if the Niners are healthy on defense. That's a huge IF, but I think the Niners defense when fully or mostly fully constituted is top notch, and you combine that with the weapons on offense (Kittle/Samuel, etc), Jimmy G's proven ability to win games, including playoff games, and Shanahan's ability to run the ball no matter who the RB is now having CM in the fold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT