ADVERTISEMENT

THE FUTURE OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS?

walshtrips

All American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2006

THE FUTURE OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS?​

Having read the attached article, I wouldn't be surprised if many universities eliminate non-revenue generating sports. The unintended consequence may be a massive loss of education opportunities for athletes of the so called "olympic sports".

A future where university scholarships and pay exist for a maximum of 2 male sports and 2 female sports. The remaining sports would exist as Club teams with a combination of financial aid and scholarships.

The NCAA needs to figure this out quickly!

THE FUTURE OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS?​

Having read the attached article, I wouldn't be surprised if many universities eliminate non-revenue generating sports. The unintended consequence may be a massive loss of education opportunities for athletes of the so called "olympic sports".

A future where university scholarships and pay exist for a maximum of 2 male sports and 2 female sports. The remaining sports would exist as Club teams with a combination of financial aid and scholarships.

The NCAA needs to figure this out quickly!

i actually was always curious if olympic sports would get the axe even despite the current landscape. just enough to satisfy title 9

The football conferences will dominate.After the damage is done the federal government will investigate why.Duh!

The football conferences will dominate.After the damage is done the federal government will investigate why.Duh!
I’m not at all persuaded that football schools will be more advantaged than today. Most money will go to football and title 9 issues are huge.

The USA Olympic team essentially always had their "free" training programs , which was the university teams. If that is lost then it will will be a loss for sports in general, as well as the growth benefits every student athlete received from being a part of a team.

Former UL and Rutgers AD Julie Hermann had a quote (before she added to the long list of embarrassments by RU sports) saying that the graduating football and basketball players never donate back to the university but it's the swimmers, lacrosse , tennis and golfers that do. She argued that dropping the non revenue generating sports would adversely affect future donations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT