ADVERTISEMENT

*The Hall Hat* Let's Sell These Out

jcalz88

All World
Jan 24, 2009
Join two alumni, John Colantoni and Jamie Bosworth, along with Onward Setonia in a unique opportunity as we proudly introduce the limited-run "The Hall" hats, a favorite among golf enthusiasts.

ONLY 1,500 UNITS! Designed by renowned designer Mossimo Giannulli, these hats embody style and exclusivity. Purchase this stylish hat with confidence knowing all proceeds go towards supporting student-athlete NIL opportunities.

The Hall Hat

IMG_0727.jpg

Got one of each, let’s sell these out by Friday. Can’t wait to get them.

John and Jamie put this together and 100% of profits go to NIL. They fronted the cost.

That’s over $100k directly to NIL. Should sell easily. For those complaining about no quality merch, these are the hats worn by the golf team and an easy way to give to NIL and get something in return. GFore is no joke. You’d easily pay $50-75 for one at a country club and in this case a major nut goes to our NIL efforts.

I just ordered mine even though I don't wear hats. I don't like to mess up my beautiful locks, but I took one for the team. Thanks for putting this together John, James and Jamie!

You're not paying $106 for a hat, your supporting Onward Setonia NIL. Most of your contribution will go directly to supporting NIL opportunities, because John and Jamie negotiated a great price for the hat.

It would be wonderful if people would refrain from negative comments, when volunteers and alumni are going out of their way to support the university, our athletes and our coaches.

Got one of each, let’s sell these out by Friday. Can’t wait to get them.

John and Jamie put this together and 100% of profits go to NIL. They fronted the cost.

That’s over $100k directly to NIL. Should sell easily. For those complaining about no quality merch, these are the hats worn by the golf team and an easy way to give to NIL and get something in return. GFore is no joke. You’d easily pay $50-75 for one at a country club and in this case a major nut goes to our NIL efforts.
Done

You're not paying $106 for a hat, your supporting Onward Setonia NIL. Most of your contribution will go directly to supporting NIL opportunities, because John and Jamie negotiated a great price for the hat.

It would be wonderful if people would refrain from negative comments, when volunteers and alumni are going out of their way to support the university, our athletes and our coaches.
This is why our fanbase sucks. You’re 100% right Mike, the NIL amount is the majority of the $106 price tag and no one outside of NIL is making a dime (save for GFore).

We can’t retain players - THEN DONATE

I don’t want to just give them cash - THEN BUY A HAT

We can’t get good merch - THESE ARE THE HATS THAT THE GOLF TEAM WORE IN THEIR BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

All the people that say they want Sha’s 1/4 zips, I bet if they were done at cost and sold at 2X for NIL, people would complain that they’re $150.

No, as a fan base, we just sit back and bitch, bitch, bitch and wait for someone else to solve the problem.

And yes, as I predicted, we did not see a sea of gray “The Hall” jerseys at the Rock because even though people bitched that they weren’t in the bookstore, when they became available the bitching moved to price or they just went silent.

EDIT: that’s really not pointing here, it’s the droves of negative comments on Instagram and Facebook by people scoffing at the price of a hat.

I have plenty of Seton Hall hats and am not a golfer, BUT I am buying one of the hats anyway TO SUPPORT our team and program. It is a donation. Bitching about the price serves no purpose other than to hurt our team. If you don't want to help our program , then don't, but stop the complaining.

Tom K

I speak to Jamie Bosworth often. Great supporter of the Seton Hall Pirates. And of course we all know John.

Like Tom, I already have a ton of SHU hats but also like Tom I will support the cause buying a white hat. How can you not support the cause if you are a Pirate fan?

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I speak to Jamie Bosworth often. Great supporter of the Seton Hall Pirates. And of course we all know John.

Like Tom, I already have a ton of SHU hats but also like Tom I will support the cause buying a white hat. How can you not support the cause if you are a Pirate fan?
Hey, we all get not supporting it, doesn’t make you a bad Pirate fan if you don’t want the hat. I hope everyone does, of course.

But you should see the vitriol in the comment sections.

It’s not like the guys are keeping a dime. It’s 100% donation over cost. And for any who think they should be “donating the cost”, we should all be lucky enough to have the means to give what those two have.

Hey, we all get not supporting it, doesn’t make you a bad Pirate fan if you don’t want the hat. I hope everyone does, of course.

It’s not like the guys are keeping a dime. It’s 100% donation over cost. And for any who think they should be “donating the cost”, we should all be lucky enough to have the means to give what those two have.
Vitriol? Really? Can’t win.

Look I have so many hats I could open a hat store…but I bought another. Why not? I know a few of us that have tickets are planning on coordinating to wear them together at a game.
Hey make a little fun out of it…and support our Pirates!

Vitriol? Really? Can’t win.

Look I have so many hats I could open a hat store…but I bought another. Why not? I know a few of us that have tickets are planning on coordinating to wear them together at a game.
Hey make a little fun out of it…and support our Pirates!
Not only are there complaints about price, but complaints about the reference to the fact that Mossimo is the designer.

G/Fore was Mossimo’s company before being acquired by Peter Millar.

Gee, think it might be a quality hat?

Not only are there complaints about price, but complaints about the reference to the fact that Mossimo is the designer.

G/Fore was Mossimo’s company before being acquired by Peter Millar.

Gee, think it might be a quality hat?
cancel culture in full effect

Reactions: boatshu
Now get me an option to get a Seton Hall golf bag and I'd be all in.
That’s actually a great thought…a “limited edition” golf bag. Get a 100 high quality (in school colors) stock bags and embroider with the SHU logo with a limited edition notation. $1,500 per bag. Sign me up.

Reactions: mga pirate

its basically a donation gift. i dont understand why people don't get it.

personally i think this hat looks like msft powerpoint or tj maxx gear. the price would not prevent me from purchasing something like this in the future.

Reactions: The SHUttle
Exactly. Folks can't get caught up in the price of the hat because they have to understand this for what it is. Of course $100 plus for a golf hat is usually outlandish for many people. But that's not the point. Neither is the point that buying this "supports NIL activities for student athletes" or whatever the messaging is that tries to dress up this stuff. The point is that the money goes towards a fund to buy and retain men's basketball players. Or at least most of it. Period, full stop. That's the system now, like it or not. If you want to buy basketball players, buy the hat, regardless of whether you believe it's a good deal at the current price.

When you frame it as a $100 contribution, and for your contribution, you also get a hat, it seems like a pretty accessible thing.

Pointing out that $100 seems like a lot to pay for a hat in a retail setting is not the insight those people seem to think it is.

Exactly. Folks can't get caught up in the price of the hat because they have to understand this for what it is. Of course $100 plus for a golf hat is usually outlandish for many people. But that's not the point. Neither is the point that buying this "supports NIL activities for student athletes" or whatever the messaging is that tries to dress up this stuff. The point is that the money goes towards a fund to buy and retain men's basketball players. Or at least most of it. Period, full stop. That's the system now, like it or not. If you want to buy basketball players, buy the hat, regardless of whether you believe it's a good deal at the current price.
I've said it before, but aside from die hard college sports fans, very few people understand what NIL truly is. Most believe NIL allows student athletes to sign sponsorship deals or the schools are using part of their sports budgets to pay players. They have no idea that fans must bankroll a teams payroll. The negative comments on Instagram and other places are from people that do not understand that money is from fans to buy players.

I gladly ordered two hats knowing the markup on apparel is typically quite large and that money will go directly to NIL.

Not really. I haven’t seen anyone comment on that guy in particular, and I doubt many people know who he is one way or the other.
What comment section are we talking about
Instagram and Twitter
its basically a donation gift. i dont understand why people don't get it.

personally i think this hat looks like msft powerpoint or tj maxx gear. the price would not prevent me from purchasing something like this in the future.
That’s because the picture was made with msft PowerPoint most likely. The font looks shyte.

Look at the actual font on the hats in the pictures of the golf team. 100% better.

Reactions: mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT