ADVERTISEMENT

The Trove talks to SHU soccer coach Andreas Lindberg

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Two tidbits in this long 2 part interview by Colin Rajala

Lindberg expects to return the entire team for the 2021 campaign and is excited about its prospects.

“We don’t want to go stale; the guys need to be motivated to move forward and to get better. If the guys feel like a spot is there’s so to speak, that’s not going to help. The guys need to feel the heat and think that everybody from behind is chasing them. That's my job as a coach. It doesn't mean I don't like and love the guys that I have, but it's my job as a coach to continue to have them grow and improve. I don't see why we shouldn't improve as a team especially with some new guys to add to the competition.”

“I want to stay at Seton Hall for a long time and build the program to be a really, really good program. I think that I can do similar stuff to what I did at LIU Post. My third year there we made a national tournament and then we made it seven years in a row. I understand it was Division 2 its obviously harder at the Division 1 level and in the Big East, but we want to be able to qualify for the Big East tournament every year and once you qualify for the tournament your goal needs to be to win it. This is not just a Cinderella story. We're building a program and we want to continue to make it back to the tournament and compete for a championship. That doesn’t stop now. It’s hard work. The recruiting is draining, but players play, and we need the department to continue to support us and alumni and fans to support us.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT