ADVERTISEMENT

There is Hope

Pirata

All American
Dec 21, 2009
I thought it was a decent and smart statement by Biden.

"Thanks to the prior administration and our scientific community, America is one of the first countries to get the vaccine," Biden said Tuesday."

Decent in that Trump rightly deserved the praise and Biden was big enough to provide it.

Smart in that he found a way to break through to some of the hard core Trump supporters.

Trumps reply was refreshing. He rightly touched on the notion of healing.

and

Last edited:
Geez, it took long enough for Biden to acknowledge that the Trump administration did some good with OWS and making vaccines available quickly, and long enough for Trump to really affirm the good behind the vaccine and the job that the Biden administration has done rolling it out to everyone who wants one. Because, you know... America.

Reactions: Merge
Geez, it took long enough for Biden to acknowledge that the Trump administration did some good with OWS and making vaccines available quickly, and long enough for Trump to really affirm the good behind the vaccine and the job that the Biden administration has done rolling it out to everyone who wants one. Because, you know... America.

Yep. I'm glad he got there but he should have done this a long time ago. I think we would be in a better place today had Biden just given credit to Trump a year ago.

Exactly. This is like Common Sense 101, yet it takes two Presidents a year to begrudgingly acknowledge what each other has done or is doing. And we wonder why the public is so cynical about politicians.

Now we can go back to our regular programming and the vicious attacks being piled on Joe Manchin.

Exactly. This is like Common Sense 101, yet it takes two Presidents a year to begrudgingly acknowledge what each other has done or is doing. And we wonder why the public is so cynical about politicians.

Now we can go back to our regular programming and the vicious attacks being piled on Joe Manchin.
Joe Manchin is doing what he supposed to be doing. There are a lot of good things in the bill but a lot of superfluous things that we can’t afford. Like real politics, the adults in the room will get a deal done for some of those things. People like Biden, Manchin and Romney will end up working out something. Quite frankly, if the progressives can keep their mouth shut, a lot of good can get done. Just not as much as they think or want.

Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas present?
Unfortunately the extremes have the loudest voice and get the MSM attention. I’m all for differing views and expressing them but the tone is ugly, disgusting and should be censored.

Joe Manchin is doing what he supposed to be doing.

Yeah I don’t mind him negotiating at all, but he needs to find a way to agree to something. You can’t be the lone obstacle on passing a bill like this for your party.

Saying he’s opposed to the child tax credit because people will use it for drugs though? That part was fairy messed up, as was going on Fox to announce his opposition.

The child care tax credit is expensive, adds even more unnecessary regulations, and doesn’t solve the problem.

The child care tax credit is expensive, adds even more unnecessary regulations, and doesn’t solve the problem.

It isn’t expensive, and worthy of a debate.. but he shouldn’t be going with baseless fear mongering allegations if he is supposed to be the adult in the room.

$1 for $1, it’s one of the most efficient and effective forms of government spending.

You know that is the weird thing where there are Republicans in poor states that are actually looking to keep this. I think it is too expensive as well. But watch out for this one. Politics have strange bedfellows.

Yeah I don’t mind him negotiating at all, but he needs to find a way to agree to something. You can’t be the lone obstacle on passing a bill like this for your party.

Saying he’s opposed to the child tax credit because people will use it for drugs though? That part was fairy messed up, as was going on Fox to announce his opposition.
I have a feeling he is not the only Dem against this bill. I think there are quite a few Dems that are against this but know that Manchin can get away being public about it.

A lot of Dems Showed him no respect which builds a further divide. The guy is not going to respond to nastiness. Why is it so hard to be nice to each other and find things you can agree on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT