ADVERTISEMENT

There really are 3 tiers in BE.

Nbnylon

Senior
Apr 30, 2019
Marquette playing without reigning POY and all BE Oguadala (2nd team) in a battle with Creighton at Creighton is showing me how far we really are from upper echelon. We had a few guys not feeling well and got destroyed at Creighton.

It really is UCONN, Marquette and Creighton, all others in 2nd tier except for Gtown and DePaul in a class by themselves.

Marquette playing without reigning POY and all BE Oguadala (2nd team) in a battle with Creighton at Creighton is showing me how far we really are from upper echelon. We had a few guys not feeling well and got destroyed at Creighton.

It really is UCONN, Marquette and Creighton, all others in 2nd tier except for Gtown and DePaul in a class by themselves.
Any 3 of them can win it all
That being said wouldn't be surprised if st johns or nova won BE tournament.
I love our grit and toughness but we just look so bad on offense most of the time...

Creighton pulling away with three threes in a row from Scheirman and they do in fact have a few very good bench players. Marquette is very good as well.

Reactions: chickenbox
Creighton at 22-8, 13-6, just went 8-2 at home in the BE. The two losses were by 3 points: by 2 in OT to Villanova and by 1 to Butler.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989

Can’t disagree

This is what most everyone said in the preseason. Only difference is most people had Marquette winning the conference. UConn can outright clinch with a win over us and they were picked 3rd by the coaches preseason.

Coaches got UConn & SH wrong which is why Danny and Sha should be 1 & 2 for COY. UConn didn't get 1 first-place vote which I'm positive Hurley remembers. Cooley was much worse than the coaches gave him credit for.

Preseason Coaches Poll
1. Marquette (7) 96
2. Creighton (4) 92
3. Connecticut 79
4. Villanova 76
5. St. John’s 59
6. Xavier 57
7. Providence 51
8. Georgetown 34
9. Seton Hall 30
10. Butler 16
11. DePaul 15

I know wins and losses are not metrical. But we did beat uconn mq and lost to the other in triple ot.

But yes we are and always have been a three tier league. And to date we are at the top of the second tier.

Reactions: LBP43
I know wins and losses are not metrical. But we did beat uconn mq and lost to the other in triple ot.

But yes we are and always have been a three tier league. And to date we are at the top of the second tier.
Gotta beat Nova to stay at the top of the second tier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT