ADVERTISEMENT

Things Not Looking Good for NFL

I fear an outbreak will screw with bb plans. College or pro.

Basketball is the least of my worries. I’m afraid we’ll overreact to any spike.

That’s why I’m less anxious for a vaccine than a viable treatment. We’re gonna get this, if we can lessen the impact that that’s when normal will set in.

I'm afraid to an underreaction to any spike and sports end up killing more people. Should have shut everything down a long time ago and we would be over it by now and ready to watch a full schedule of basketball. But instead masks were personal choices and half the country thinks it's a hoax. So here we are.

It's amazing baseball is still going.

I'm afraid to an underreaction to any spike and sports end up killing more people. Should have shut everything down a long time ago and we would be over it by now and ready to watch a full schedule of basketball. But instead masks were personal choices and half the country thinks it's a hoax. So here we are.

It's amazing baseball is still going.
Where were you in March and April when everything was shut down. Your solution would require zero transmissions to be effective, if there is one contagious person when we open up fully we risk another wave. States that have been less restrictive have faired much better than the states that were more strict. We need to live with this virus as we do with all others.

It won't be a thing until a venue which is hosting a percentage of fans ends up being the ground zero for a wide spread transmission.

What we have seen from the Titans is true of what happened in baseball early. Days of negatives from someone and then they become positive.

The issue i would have with both pats and chiefs is that their player tested positive interacts with a lot of teammates in close proximity.

NBA and NHL showed that if you test and quarantine prior to coming to a closed off enviroment and then test routinely and also keep guide of social distancing and mask wearing you are not putting variables into an outcome.

The NBA players were not adhering to strict social distancing and mask wearing guidelines. They were routinely tested and confined to the bubble. Within the bubble they were all mingling together at times, also with their families after a certain point, often without masks or distancing. Sure some work masks on TV during interviews for show, but then you’d see a clip of them all hanging by the pool mask less, without distance. They basically adjusted to living with the virus within the bubble and reasonable precautions.

Reactions: mikewalsh
The NBA players were not adhering to strict social distancing and mask wearing guidelines. They were routinely tested and confined to the bubble. Within the bubble they were all mingling together at times, also with their families after a certain point, often without masks or distancing. Sure some work masks on TV during interviews for show, but then you’d see a clip of them all hanging by the pool mask less, without distance. They basically adjusted to living with the virus within the bubble and reasonable precautions.
But if the virus is not apart of a closed perimeter it cant just appear either

Theoretically, perhaps. But there were people coming in and out of those facilities to some extent. Significant precautions were taken -- limiting players movement (although some snuck out), not allowing family in for a certain point (although, again, they were ultimately allowed it and exposed to the outside world prior to coming in). And that doesn't account for workers, personnel, delivery folks and the like. I'm grateful for the sports distraction and I've watched more NBA than ever because of the lack of live sports content up until recently, but the lesson I take is that there are ways to keep living with some precautions and protections afforded to the most vulnerable. That, in my view, is the ONLY option. A full scale lockdown and national "mandates" you hear about aren't going to cut it.

Reactions: shu09
Well, the COVID crisis not only affected our daily lives, our jobs, but a lot of other industries, as well as the sports industry, a place where people are making millions, but we have nothing to do about it, that is today's reality. Of course, the most important matches and championships are held, even without visitors. There is too much money there to just postpone some games. And even if you can't be present at the match, you can make some money on bets. There are a lot of websites on the internet where you can easily find some Free NFL Picks, just search for them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT