ADVERTISEMENT

This Team Is Still Showing Us Something

Hall-O-Daze

All Big East
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
Up in the clouds
Yeah, I get it, there’s a certain segment of people here who couldn’t care less that we’re in the NIT semifinals. After the snub they just can’t get excited about anything Seton Hall right now. There was the sentiment we should have declined the NIT. It’s understandable….but misguided. We can still learn something from this team.

I’m proud of the way they shook off what must have been crushing disappointment. If it was bad for us, I can’t imagine how hard it was for them. Yes, the opening game against St. Joe’s was shaky, but just look at these last two games. They are obviously invested. They are Hall In. This is a resilient team. The big games they won this season were no fluke. They are showing us they are closer to being the team that won those big games than the one that was getting blown out. They are an impressive bunch.

Also, given they won’t play again until Tuesday, when was the last time they were still playing in April? 1989 is the answer. Yeah, obviously we’d much, much rather we were playing this late in the NCAA’s, but we shouldn’t disregard this is our most successful post season in quite some time.

A few other things to note: the seniors are actually getting a happy send off tonight on their home floor. How often has that happened? These last three games have kinda shed the Walsh stigma. When was the last time we won three games in a row there against non cupcake teams? We have put up some poor performances at Walsh against worthy opponents. Hopefully this is a sign of better times at Walsh.

Lastly, for how how terrible our OOC performance was this season, this team is now showing how much they have grown by beating three quality OOC teams. We definitely would not have beaten these teams early in the season. If that isn’t a sign of us getting better this season, I don’t know what is.

There have been some frustrating games this season, but this team is one to remember. They might just leave Indianapolis victorious.

Keep it going, guys!

WE SALUTE YOU !!
jack-sparrow-salute.gif

JOB WELL DONE--

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT