ADVERTISEMENT

Three Man Weave: Seton Hall 2021-2022 Preview

2 things that stood out --
1. A Syracuse player and Defense in the same comment! Did not see KR as a defense first guy so that will be nice -

2. No mention of Conway

Reactions: tact
2 things that stood out --
1. A Syracuse player and Defense in the same comment! Did not see KR as a defense first guy so that will be nice -

2. No mention of Conway
1) I’m just guessing but you prob haven’t been paying close attention to Kadary if you didn’t know he was a terror on defense for the Cuse and one of his best attributes there. Hope It translates to a non-zone defense but with his length, im optimistic.

2) I don’t think there will be that much of an impact from the freshman for the 2021-22 season that would be worthy of that much of a mention. I think Conway and Powell will be good down the road though.

Reactions: Hallsome and mbraue
We always play better when our defense is locked in, I see that opportunity more this year than in the recent past.

Totally agree with his comments about Cale, "Cale proved to be a devastating cutter last year, scoring in the 96th percentile nationally, with this simple set often getting him looks against a smaller opponent. Given his height at the shooting guard spot, Cale should be able to get this time and again", with better PG play Cale should be able to flourish where he's best.

Average height of the starting 5 is 6'8" - PHENOMINAL! Smallest starter is 6'5".

I envision 4 to 5 players averaging in double digits and Rhoden very close to a double-double average.

The key to this year is getting Richmond to buy in to a TEAM first concept, if the chemistry is there this team will be a top 20 team.

GO PIRATES!!!

Reactions: Hallsome
It's a decent write-up but comes up short on a couple of counts for me. Barely acknowledges Rhoden who will likely be our leading scorer this year. Makes zero mention of Conway. Mentioned Weston but didn't acknowledge his knee situation, (which hopefully is going to be OK). I also chuckled at the comment on Cale ("he's an excellent floor spacer around the primary action"). I have no idea what that apparent compliment is supposed to mean.

It's a decent write-up but comes up short on a couple of counts for me. Barely acknowledges Rhoden who will likely be our leading scorer this year. Makes zero mention of Conway. Mentioned Weston but didn't acknowledge his knee situation, (which hopefully is going to be OK). I also chuckled at the comment on Cale ("he's an excellent floor spacer around the primary action"). I have no idea what that apparent compliment is supposed to mean.
I think means he’s a threat from 3
A kick out option from time to time

We always play better when our defense is locked in, I see that opportunity more this year than in the recent past.

Totally agree with his comments about Cale, "Cale proved to be a devastating cutter last year, scoring in the 96th percentile nationally, with this simple set often getting him looks against a smaller opponent. Given his height at the shooting guard spot, Cale should be able to get this time and again", with better PG play Cale should be able to flourish where he's best.

Average height of the starting 5 is 6'8" - PHENOMINAL! Smallest starter is 6'5".

I envision 4 to 5 players averaging in double digits and Rhoden very close to a double-double average.

The key to this year is getting Richmond to buy in to a TEAM first concept, if the chemistry is there this team will be a top 20 team.

GO PIRATES!!!
And no early season or February losing streaks.

As a three-point shooting threat, he forces teams to pay attention to him even if he doesn't have the ball. Rather than defenses cheating off him to clog the middle or force the ball handler to give the ball up.

As a three-point shooting threat, he forces teams to pay attention to him even if he doesn't have the ball. Rather than defenses cheating off him to clog the middle or force the ball handler to give the ball up.
Thanks for the explanation, which by the way is far more clearly and effectively written than the original sentence.

One would think opposing teams will have their troubles getting into half court offense with pressure from big guards like Myles and Kadary. Sort of like Derrick and IW several years ago.

Reactions: Piratz
Just because they play zone doesn’t mean that Cuse or it’s players don’t play good defense.
Yea and Boeheim has about 90000 W’s, a title and significant NCAA success which shows the defense is often pretty darn good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT