ADVERTISEMENT

Top 20 list for King?

HallBall02

All World
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
DAdVNrNW0AAPW0A.jpg

Let's face it, it's not just Louis King doing this. Listing a ridiculous amount of schools is becoming the norm with so many HS stars.

It's almost like the players are competing among themselves for attention. That's what happens when we all live and die on the words of 16-17 year old teenagers.

A reason why I cant be bothered with a post about us offering someone.

It seems laughable but I wonder how many of us at his age in this era wouldn't be doing the exact same thing?

I see nothing wrong with it. Just hope we make his final list and can give a good pitch as we make it deep in tourney.

We need a 3 very badly after Desi leaves. He would probably fill our biggest need and he is a stud.

Reactions: BucBloc
We'll be on his final list. My main worry is if the Blue Bloods, especially Kentucky make him a priority.

I see nothing wrong with it. Just hope we make his final list and can give a good pitch as we make it deep in tourney.

We need a 3 very badly after Desi leaves. He would probably fill our biggest need and he is a stud.

Boy is this true. The way I see this season we could be trying to replace 18 -20 points and 7 rebounds a game at the 3 and there is no one there at all to step into his spot. If King could be the Desi replacement what a relief that would be.

Boy is this true. The way I see this season we could be trying to replace 18 -20 points and 7 rebounds a game at the 3 and there is no one there at all to step into his spot. If King could be the Desi replacement what a relief that would be.

Don't forget we have Cale in a pinch for the 3 as well but a shooting 3 and a center/big are of utmost priorities. Then a pg that can shoot and distribute. King/Ignas/Mucius, Manuel, and Carey.....lol

Last edited:
Must have been a lot of work to squeeze all the schools in that picture, soon we will see the list of schools that are NOT involved.

I posted this on The Trove and thought I'd post it here too to hear some comments.

You know a couple of the Blue Bloods will offer Louis. He oozes potential and now playing on a different AAU team this spring (and summer) he and Cam Reddish just absolutely shined this April.

I think the only true hope we have is that he wants to stay close to home. It sure feels like our momentum and even though the staff was on him early our momentum has slowed down BIG TIME.

I will not blame our staff if he doesn't commit to us as it appears they've done an extraordinary job recruiting him and letting him know he's a been a priority from the beginning. If Indiana, Kansas, NC, UCLA, AZ or god forbid Kentucky come calling can you blame him for wanting to go away to a school for a couple of years and see a different part of the country and play for a school where they get 15k a game - I can't.

You really have to want to stay in NJ, want your parents to see all your games (then again you think Isaiah Briscoe's dad had to fly on his own dime to watch his son's games in Lexington or for away games some of you people are dreaming).

Let's hope he wants to play in NJ and that he's built a terrific relationship with our staff and some of the incoming Freshman - Jordan Walker and Myles Cale.

Maybe he has a great relationship with Myles Powell. I love Powell! He has an "It" factor about him and he seems like a great kid and teammate!

I loved the stories from the St Pats/IMG game at Roselle Catholic where he was interacting with many of the HS recruits at the game and he was just so friendly and just had a vibrant personality.

C'mon Louis - stay home and continue building the legacy of the 2014 Class!

I'm surprised everyone isn't analyzing how the team logos are positioned in the pic. One could say that locals SHU and RU are positioned closest to his heart. Or, is he a righty? We are right there.... LOL.

I'm surprised everyone isn't analyzing how the team logos are positioned in the pic. One could say that locals SHU and RU are positioned closest to his heart. Or, is he a righty? We are right there.... LOL.

Very perceptive !!! Lol.

We are trending up and have a lot to be excited about but schools like Duke, KU, UK, UNC, UCLA are in a completely different stratosphere. It will be very difficult to beat out those schools if they make him a priority.

I posted this on The Trove and thought I'd post it here too to hear some comments.

You know a couple of the Blue Bloods will offer Louis. He oozes potential and now playing on a different AAU team this spring (and summer) he and Cam Reddish just absolutely shined this April.

I think the only true hope we have is that he wants to stay close to home. It sure feels like our momentum and even though the staff was on him early our momentum has slowed down BIG TIME.

I will not blame our staff if he doesn't commit to us as it appears they've done an extraordinary job recruiting him and letting him know he's a been a priority from the beginning. If Indiana, Kansas, NC, UCLA, AZ or god forbid Kentucky come calling can you blame him for wanting to go away to a school for a couple of years and see a different part of the country and play for a school where they get 15k a game - I can't.

You really have to want to stay in NJ, want your parents to see all your games (then again you think Isaiah Briscoe's dad had to fly on his own dime to watch his son's games in Lexington or for away games some of you people are dreaming).

Let's hope he wants to play in NJ and that he's built a terrific relationship with our staff and some of the incoming Freshman - Jordan Walker and Myles Cale.

Maybe he has a great relationship with Myles Powell. I love Powell! He has an "It" factor about him and he seems like a great kid and teammate!

I loved the stories from the St Pats/IMG game at Roselle Catholic where he was interacting with many of the HS recruits at the game and he was just so friendly and just had a vibrant personality.

C'mon Louis - stay home and continue building the legacy of the 2014 Class!

I hope he stays but from what I am hearing you are right. Momentum has slowed quite a bit. We need to get a great 3 to come in and take over for Desi. Hopefully his family will be the deciding factor.

What's more absurd, the 17 year old that posts the list of the 20 schools or the older men that have lengthy discussions about his post???

Reactions: Belluno
What's more absurd, the 17 year old that posts the list of the 20 schools or the older men that have lengthy discussions about his post???
You do realized this is a SHU message board that discusses events pertaining to that subject?

A reason why I cant be bothered with a post about us offering someone.

Ditto for me. I ignore ALL of this stuff. Wake me up when the kids decide where they're going. I pity the people who recruit for a living. It's gotta be long months of frustration and madness punctuated by a rare minute or two of euphoria.

These kids are 17/18 years old and they are acting as such - through no fault of their own. Relevance is if we are in final 2 or 3. I'd love to know the recruiting stats each year.

1. Total being recruited.

2. Total offered.

3. Names of recruits where SHU is in final 2 or 3

4. Commits.

I only care about numbers 3 and 4 since our conversion percentage is probably less than 5 percent.

That's possible. But he has far more offers than just 20.

Guess it's semantics. Top 20 offers or top 20 cut down list.

Posted here for a while that I thought we had a great shot at landing him, but from what I heard "generally" of recent (nothing specific) that is becoming less of a reality by the day. The blue bloods are circling, not to mention a school like Cuse in the mix. These things are "fluid" (hate that term but is true), and know we will stay on him, so we'll see where it goes.

That's possible. But he has far more offers than just 20.

Guess it's semantics. Top 20 offers or top 20 cut down list.

Yes a lot, but for the most part, all good schools...I don't see anything wrong with it.
Better than not having your name on it.

If he actually has offers (not just interest) from unc, uk, Kansas, and Duke we don't have a shot unless he announces that he wants to stay local.

But UNC, Kentucky, Kansas and Duke have a lot more offers out than they have scholarships.... just like every other school. So who knows how it will play out?

So often a first priority recruit for a school like us is a 2nd or 3rd priority for a blue blood. Then when they don't get their first or second choice they work their way down to our first priority player and often when that happens we lose out.

So often a first priority recruit for a school like us is a 2nd or 3rd priority for a blue blood. Then when they don't get their first or second choice they work their way down to our first priority player and often when that happens we lose out.
Which is why King saying he is going to take his time and likely choose next spring tells me he is waiting to see if he gets offered by the blue bloods. Hope we are in good with other 2018 SFs.

I'd love to get just one of the upper echelon Jersey kids for the 2018 class. We should live off the Powell's, Cale's and Walker's of the world, but nabbing one top kid that some of the bigger schools are chasing from our back yard should be our goal at this point, given the last few seasons.

The most talented kids from the area will always generate looks from the big boys, and we are always going to lose a good share of them. The blue bloods have that draw, and some kids want to go away for their college experience (who can blame them). Staying in the hunt for most and nabbing just one of the elite is fine by me.

Okay spoke with someone who knows. That edit was just an edit of twenty schools king is talking to and interested in. Same source said there are five or six serious contenders and Seton hall is one

Reactions: Joe_T
Seton Hall will definitely be on his final list. From there we have a lot of work to do but we have connections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT