ADVERTISEMENT

Trove recruiting tidbit

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Colin Rajala is writing a long detailed 3 part interview with Rivals national recruiting expert Rob Cassidy for the Trove.

I am only going to bring one tidbit here from the 3 parter......

..............Trove: Exactly. Now, it seems like Holloway is going to continue his approach of having multiple ballhandlers on the floor at the same time and having his guys play as hard as possible until they can’t play at his level before subbing them out for some fresh legs. With that type of style, you need depth and it seems like the staff has been involved with a lot of guards and wings. One of the first names that comes to my mind is Aaron Clark. He was a guy that seemed like a strong SHU-lean back when Willard was recruiting him and it doesn’t seem like much has changed in terms of his interest in attending Seton Hall. What do you think about his game and his chances of wearing Pirate Blue one day?

Cassidy: I like Aaron’s game a lot. He can do a lot for a team; he handles the ball really well. He's turned into a better shooter. He's not going to shoot the lights out of the gym, but he’s a guy you don’t want to give too much space too. Maybe the most important thing with him is if they do land him, and I think they have a good chance, is he plays with the NJ Scholars program. They are loaded, D.J. Wagner plays for them and Mackenzie Mgbako and some other high-end guys. There is something to that program where if you can get in there with a guy like Clark now, then the success does follow and then the next thing you know you’re in play for some of these dudes in the 2025 class that they have coming up, which is absolutely loaded.

Basketball recruiting works more like that than football recruiting does. You know how it is, it's shoe company dominated and then its dominated by relationships, both player and coach relationships and player and player relationships. Aaron is kind of a bell cow, in a sense, at a place like that. You get a guy like him in the fold and the next thing you know it kind of compounds.

I noticed that on 247 sports that the one school , of all the schools recruiting him, gets a warm interest rating and that is Maryland which is consistent with the fact that the article said he was a SH lean when Kevin was here.

There has been ZERO new info on Clark in months, to be honest I don’t think the new staff is on him as hard as the old one was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT