ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbit on Walsh

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
From JP's interview with Tony Bozzella

Bozzella on Walsh, Recruiting, Team Profiling and so Much More​

...................That's because the hardwood court at Walsh Gymnasium has been completely redone with padding underneath, part of the renovation expected to be finished by early September. It's a project drawing rave reviews from many people at Seton Hall, including the longtime head women’s basketball coach.

“I love the floor. The two-tone color is great,” Bozzella told PirateCrew.com in an exclusive interview. For the record, he said it is a dark tan and a light tan.

“Kevin Sponzo has done a wonderful job,” Bozzella added, referring to Seton Hall’s senior associate athletics director for facilities and operations. “He has great visions for things. It looks awesome. I never thought it could look this good, because I don’t have that vision.

“I know I'm not allowed but they let me in,” he added with a laugh. “It was the first time I've seen the floor, the chairs are amazing, just how it’s configured. I think Kevin did a great job with the builders of keeping the old-school feeling but really making it modern as well.”

Bozzella noted that the color scheme of the hardwood court “makes it look really similar to the floor at The Rock......................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT