ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbit

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Part 2 in our interview with SHU's AD Bryan Felt.

By Colin Rajala

Trove: I appreciate you mentioning the brand and story aspect of it all because I think showcasing our competitive advantages of being 100% dedicated to winning and doing more with less resonates. Now when I interviewed Mike McBride shortly after he joined Seton Hall, he mentioned the first steps in NIL processes would be to engage donors and fans to get the ball rolling before getting some corporations to come on board to help support. Now that NIL is a couple of years old at this point, what is the long-term plan for gathering support from corporations, particularly ones in the state like Johnson and Johnson and Prudential?

Felt: We actively cultivate corporate partners. The athletic department has a partnership with LEARFIELD/IMG, which is one of the leading sports multimedia rights firms in the country. The department is very close to actually extending that contract, which I'm excited about because they've been tremendous for us. On the NIL side of things, we're working with a lot of current partners that are engaged with our athletic department to do some things. This year you will be seeing some enhancements in that area with several of our partners as they kind of dip their toe into the NIL pool if you will. We’re trying to enhance our involvement as much as we can, and then utilize that to go after new partnerships.

Mike's been great on that. He’s has had some great conversations with some local corporations in the state of New Jersey. I think with some corporations the NIL ideas may be a little foreign, while with others we've seen some ideas taking place across the collegiate athletic landscape. A great example is what FedEx and Memphis have created in terms of getting a local corporation to buy into your story and brand for NIL.

I think you’ll see some nice enhancements to our corporate partnerships as we are working diligently to create new opportunities with our current partners as well as local corporations because we feel the Seton Hall brand has a lot to offer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT