ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbit

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Part 3 of our interview with Tony Bozzella

Bozzella on the schedule​

TROVE: The non-conference schedule has been unveiled. What are you most looking forward to about this year's slate?

BOZZELLA: We have a lot of balance in it. I think we have a lot of teams that have won their conference or are at the top three of their conference. Obviously, when you look at it quickly, you see Princeton, a perennial NCAA team. You see a Big XII team on the road in Cincinnati that's going to be a very big challenge to us. And then obviously the two bears on the schedule: USC in Palm Springs, we're the feature game at 7:00 ET on Tru TV or TBS or TNT. I don't think you can get a better slot for a game. You know, the night before Thanksgiving at 7:00 everyone's home. It's a great game playing against one of the best players in the country in JuJu Watkins. And they asked us to play in the tournament. So it's great.

And then we were asked to play in the Mohegan Sun Hall of Fame classic. They were like 'you might have to play any of these teams and obviously we are going to get LSU. And what's better than that to play one of the most marquee programs in the country? Not the defending National Champion, but the year before defending National Champion. It's pretty exciting to play them - we're at 6:00 on FS1 followed by UConn-Iowa State at the same place at 8:30 so those UConn fans better be cheering for the Big East team. I'll tell you that, right? I think I'm in good shape, though. I don't see too many of them cheering for LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT