ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbits

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Jaden Daly on Holloway's staff, Tony Bozzella, the Big East and more​

BY JP Pelzman

J.P. Pelzman: In terms of assistants, what does Rasheen Davis bring to the table? I know Sha has a lot of trust in him.

Jaden Daly: I've known Rasheen Davis for almost 10 years, since he was with Steve Masiello at Manhattan. He's a man who builds relationships. He will get to know you and your family before he pays attention to what your game is like and how you are on the floor. That is going to make him an elite recruiter at this level. Rasheen Davis is going to be someone who is going to have Seton Hall in play for a lot of top 100, top 200 prospects just because of his ability to connect with young men.

It's almost at the level of Sha’s ability to connect with these young men. He will take an interest in you and what you’re interested in and use that to help evaluate what he’s looking for on and off the floor. His ability to build relationships is something that Seton Hall hasn’t had on staff for a long time. I really can’t remember an assistant that Kevin (Willard) had, other than Sha, that was as good with that. Rasheen is going to be for Sha what Sha was for Kevin. I really believe that.

He also had excellent insight on Ryan Whalen who he covered at St Peter's. He wasn't asked about Lowery because he was not hired at the time of the interview.

Reactions: bigraym
Hey, gets me pumped, we have:
Davis - the recruiter/relationship builder/mentor
Whalen - the strategist/film guy, noting St Pete had great game plan for Kentucky, Purdue, Murray St..I like him
Lowery - head coaching experience, NJ connections

Granted, they all have NJ/NY roots.
Then we have Shaheen Holloway, who brings it all together.

Damn, I get more and more excited, both for coming season, but also Seton Hall Pirates future! :cool:

Still need to see that first quality commit in the 2023 class to keep the momentum going that we’ll be not only competitive but a solid upper tier BE team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT