ADVERTISEMENT

Twiiterverse to Kayleigh

Why Republicans are against Trump vaccine I don’t understand.Maybe if enough of them die the doubters will wise up.I am a life long republican and my son who is a republican coordinated south jersey response to COVID appointed by Murphy and is in contact with Murphy almost daily on how best to address COVID.It has been noted in south jersey publications that Murphy named Christie’s former chief of staff to this role and has widely praised his performance.
Some things are clearly bipartisan.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Is it any wonder, when the NYT runs daily pieces on red versus blue counties and COVID data?
Yes, most people get the narrative. Same as access to healthcare in inner city communities, when the access to healthcare in rural communities is a much greater challenge....but, but, it's about red/blue.

Yes, most people get the narrative. Same as access to healthcare in inner city communities, when the access to healthcare in rural communities is a much greater challenge....but, but, it's about red/blue.

It's not an access issue when the people are saying they don't want it. Vaccine hesitancy is higher among white republicans than any other group.

Sorry you don't want to see it, but one side has been overstating the risks of the the vaccines and understating the risk of Covid. We see in the data that messaging worked and the people who were consuming that messaging are less likely to be vaccinated than any other group.

It's unfortunate. But that is a fact.

It's not an access issue when the people are saying they don't want it. Vaccine hesitancy is higher among white republicans than any other group.

Sorry you don't want to see it, but one side has been overstating the risks of the the vaccines and understating the risk of Covid. We see in the data that messaging worked and the people who were consuming that messaging are less likely to be vaccinated than any other group.

It's unfortunate. But that is a fact.
Nope

Yep. Sad thing is that if Trump won, democrats would be much less likely to be vaccinated. You would call it out and I would agree with you. You've got blinders on here though.

"The most likely group to refuse the Covid-19 vaccine are Republicans who consume far-right television news"

Yep. Sad thing is that if Trump won, democrats would be much less likely to be vaccinated. You would call it out and I would agree with you. You've got blinders on here though.

"The most likely group to refuse the Covid-19 vaccine are Republicans who consume far-right television news"
Nope...I shared with you a survey of counties in PA, that showed the reverse. You showed national data. There is no clear data that supports your theory. We can play this game of survey ping pong all day. You also need to see the wording of the surveys. I read one the other day that showed the main reason for vaccine hesitancy was that people wanted to see more data before making that decision. Based on their health profile, that may be a very prudent reason.

Forbes is citing the "Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI)/Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) poll". Are they a legitimate polling organization? From the results, it looks like they are trying to draw a correlation of what media you watch to vaccination rates, but there isn't a clear link about the messaging on those sites specifically driving their behavior.

I know, you love this conspiracy, so enjoy the weekend:)

Nope...I shared with you a survey of counties in PA, that showed the reverse. You showed national data. There is no clear data that supports your theory.

You showed one county and that is more evidence than that of the entire country?

Here -

You can look by congressional district. What a coincidence - Mostly dem counties at the top and mostly republicans at the bottom. Shocking.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I showed you an entire state. And let's face it, the most important statistic is who is hospitalized and who died. Unless you can show me real data on those two categories by political affiliation, it's a moot point.

But you know that data is not available. Political affiliation is not exactly a part of hospital intake forms.

When we can do is poll people. In polling from any pollster, republicans are less likely to be vaccinated than any other group. From there you can look at where hospitalizations are increasing the most and you find a very strong correlation between increasing hospitalization rates and conservative areas.

You're pretending that all of that is a coincidence?

Not even sure why you are fighting this one. It is incredibly obvious that the downplaying the pandemic combined with anti-vaccine messaging is causing a significant increase in hospitalizations in certain parts of the country. It's unfortunate.

What say you that 71% of those people in the poll either got vax or plan to? Stop your bullsh$&

But you know that data is not available. Political affiliation is not exactly a part of hospital intake forms.

When we can do is poll people. In polling from any pollster, republicans are less likely to be vaccinated than any other group. From there you can look at where hospitalizations are increasing the most and you find a very strong correlation between increasing hospitalization rates and conservative areas.

You're pretending that all of that is a coincidence?

Not even sure why you are fighting this one. It is incredibly obvious that the downplaying the pandemic combined with anti-vaccine messaging is causing a significant increase in hospitalizations in certain parts of the country. It's unfortunate.
And without the data on hospitalizations and fatalities, it’s just another conspiracy theory narrative built on a bunch of assumptions. Pennsylvania runs counter to your assumptions, so there are other reasons as to why hospitalizations are low in blue counties. I’m a bit skeptical of polls that measure party affiliation because they look like they are trying to prove something to support a narrative. Really have to see how the questions are posed.

The entire population is getting bludgeoned with messages every day to get vaccinated. Other polls suggest that people who haven’t are more likely taking a wait and see because they want to see more data. I speak to medical professionals just about every day and no one ever brings political affiliation into the discussion about hospitalizations or prevention. I’m not denying that some people are influenced by social media that shapes their beliefs. Just look at some on this board who use Twitter as a source.

Last edited:
Why Republicans are against Trump vaccine I don’t understand.Maybe if enough of them die the doubters will wise up.I am a life long republican and my son who is a republican coordinated south jersey response to COVID appointed by Murphy and is in contact with Murphy almost daily on how best to address COVID.It has been noted in south jersey publications that Murphy named Christie’s former chief of staff to this role and has widely praised his performance.
Some things are clearly bipartisan.
I agree 100% . The problem is trump cult followers don't get it.He is a narcissist , he has thrown many conservative republicans under the bus if you cross him once on any issue.

In some southern states it seems it is clearly republicans not getting vaccinated, now whether that is due to Trump, some other reason, I do not know.

But in other states, numbers seem to be low in the inner cities, so you would assume democrats.

NJ for example, the suburbs with higher incomes clearly have higher rates, than cities and towns with lower incomes.

I don’t think there is one answer for the whole country, certain states and certain regions you can definitely see trends one way or the other.

I’m a bit skeptical of polls that measure party affiliation because they look like they are trying to prove something to support a narrative. Really have to see how the questions are posed.

“Have you personally received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, or not? As you may know, an FDA-authorized vaccine for COVID-19 is now available for free to all adults in the U.S. Do you think you will…?”

Republicans are most likely to answer that question as “defiantly not”. Black people are most likely to answer “wait and see” but still at a lower percentage than republicans saying defiantly not.

Hospitalizations are increasing where there are lower vaccination rates. The areas in the country with the lowest vaccination rates are primarily counties which vote Republican. Republicans are the group most likely to say they will definitely not get vaccinated.

Sorry. As much as you would like to brush that off as a conspiracy theory, it isn’t one. The anti vaccine messaging republicans were receiving was unfortunately effective.

In some southern states it seems it is clearly republicans not getting vaccinated, now whether that is due to Trump, some other reason, I do not know.

But in other states, numbers seem to be low in the inner cities, so you would assume democrats.

NJ for example, the suburbs with higher incomes clearly have higher rates, than cities and towns with lower incomes.

I don’t think there is one answer for the whole country, certain states and certain regions you can definitely see trends one way or the other.

Definitely, but there are only a handful of states where the number of Covid hospitalizations is close to their peak over the last 18 months.

For example - Hospitalizations since bottoming out (about a month ago for each state)
PA has increased 40% to about 10% of their Covid peak
NJ has increased by 60% to about 10% of their Covid peak
Missouri increased by 300% to about 70% of their Covid peak
Florida has increased by 530% and now almost 80% of their Covid peak

and the large spikes are happening in more conservative areas. That's not to say that conservatives are dumb and democrats are smart.

I believe that if Trump were president today, these numbers would look entirely different on both sides because the messaging would be different.

Just a shame that so many people bought into the messaging, and people who are at risk of dying of Covid were convinced to be more afraid of the vaccine.

“Have you personally received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, or not? As you may know, an FDA-authorized vaccine for COVID-19 is now available for free to all adults in the U.S. Do you think you will…?”

Republicans are most likely to answer that question as “defiantly not”. Black people are most likely to answer “wait and see” but still at a lower percentage than republicans saying defiantly not.

Hospitalizations are increasing where there are lower vaccination rates. The areas in the country with the lowest vaccination rates are primarily counties which vote Republican. Republicans are the group most likely to say they will definitely not get vaccinated.

Sorry. As much as you would like to brush that off as a conspiracy theory, it isn’t one. The anti vaccine messaging republicans were receiving was unfortunately effective.
All assumptions. No hospitalization data by affiliation. Sorry.

All assumptions. No hospitalization data by affiliation. Sorry.

There are several threads here when you were talking about why NFL ratings were down.
Pretty sure all of your posts there were based on assumptions. All that data correlation at the time was in line with your political view, so you were happy to post about it.

Now that there is a lot of correlated data showing that the anti-vaccine messaging is impacting the number of people hospitalized with Covid, and you're pretend like we can't possibly know why?

There are several threads here when you were talking about why NFL ratings were down.
Pretty sure all of your posts there were based on assumptions. All that data correlation at the time was in line with your political view, so you were happy to post about it.

Now that there is a lot of correlated data showing that the anti-vaccine messaging is impacting the number of people hospitalized with Covid, and you're pretend like we can't possibly know why?
In most of those posts I also qualified that it was hard to draw any conclusions from what was driving the decline. Others did though. But the fact was ratings were down.

But the fact was ratings were down.

True. Ratings were down.

Also true that Covid hospitalizations have blown up in certain parts of the country, primarily in areas which happen to have a large number of republican voters, and Republicans happen to be the group most likely to say they will definitely not get vaccinated.

True. Ratings were down.

Also true that Covid hospitalizations have blown up in certain parts of the country, primarily in areas which happen to have a large number of republican voters, and Republicans happen to be the group most likely to say they will definitely not get vaccinated.
Assumptions, assumptions,,,,no facts about hospitalizations and deaths.

Assumptions, assumptions,,,,no facts about hospitalizations and deaths.

This is the worst take of all time. Everyone knows Republicans dont want the vax, just listen to talk radio, watch their television shows and listen to their politicians. Quit being so obtuse. Democrats are wrong on many things, like the anti cop rhetoric all last year, but Republicans are driving the unvaccinated surge. You have no credibility if you cant admit the obvious.

Everyone knows Republicans dont want the vax, just listen to talk radio, watch their television shows and listen to their politicians.

It's not so much about not wanting the vaccination. It's about not wanting a mandated vaccination.

Republican and Libertarian are the parties of independent thinking and individual responsibility.

Democrat is the party of the State.

Not recognizing this is equally obtuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
This is the worst take of all time. Everyone knows Republicans dont want the vax, just listen to talk radio, watch their television shows and listen to their politicians. Quit being so obtuse. Democrats are wrong on many things, like the anti cop rhetoric all last year, but Republicans are driving the unvaccinated surge. You have no credibility if you cant admit the obvious.
Labeling everyone in a party as having the same view is narrow minded.

Reactions: shu09
It's not so much about not wanting the vaccination. It's about not wanting a mandated vaccination.

The anti-vaccine messaging wasn’t related to mandates though. It was saying the vaccines were not safe or contained microchips and magnets.

The hospitals in some areas are not filling up because people are against mandates. They are filling up because people who should probably have been vaccinated, weren’t.

The anti-vaccine messaging wasn’t related to mandates though. It was saying the vaccines were not safe or contained microchips and magnets.

The hospitals in some areas are not filling up because people are against mandates. They are filling up because people who should probably have been vaccinated, weren’t.
And you know the hospitals are filled up with Republicans who believe there are microchips exactly how?

And you know the hospitals are filled up with Republicans who believe there are microchips exactly how?

Statistics.

Republicans are most likely of any group to not be vaccinated. Unvaccinated people are more likely to believe the conspiracy theories about the vaccine. Hospitalizations happen to be blowing up in more conservative areas driven primarily by the unvaccinated. While I wouldn't suggest that everyone who has been hospitalized is republican, it is not a coincidence that the areas being hit the hardest right now are republican districts.

Again... republicans were the targeted group of anti-vaccine messaging. Of the hospitalization rate by county, they worst counties in he entire country are almost all republican. You're acting like it's a crazy though to say that messaging had an impact. It clearly did.

Statistics.

Republicans are most likely of any group to not be vaccinated. Unvaccinated people are more likely to believe the conspiracy theories about the vaccine. Hospitalizations happen to be blowing up in more conservative areas driven primarily by the unvaccinated. While I wouldn't suggest that everyone who has been hospitalized is republican, it is not a coincidence that the areas being hit the hardest right now are republican districts.

Again... republicans were the targeted group of anti-vaccine messaging. Of the hospitalization rate by county, they worst counties in he entire country are almost all republican. You're acting like it's a crazy though to say that messaging had an impact. It clearly did.
So a repeat of your assumptions. Anything new? No statistics that indicate more Republicans are hospitalized or have died. Rinse, wash, repeat,

Republican and Libertarian are the parties of independent thinking and individual responsibility.

They dont want the vax whether its optional or mandated.

Exactly. Politicians and companies have no right to tell me what to inject into my body. I control my body. Nobody else. If people want to choose to take it, that's perfectly fine. Just as choosing not to take it should be.

Reactions: HALL85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT