ADVERTISEMENT

USA,USA,USA!!!

but even like in the EPL or other international. the squads are always split. if a team isnt playing with their entire best squad then i dont care
That's a fair position. The constant squad rotations is just the nature of a physcally (endurance wise) demanding game that doesn't allow free substitutions. There's little opportunity to manage workloads within a game, so teams (especially those getting caught up in 3-4 competitions at once) are forced to manage them between games.

Personally, I like the variety of competitons because you'll often see teams that are out of contention in the league switch priorities to a cup and potentially make a deep run there. At the same time, you get the criticism that the teams who are in contention for the league tend to not take the cups seriously and only play B or C teams up until the quarters or semis if they get that far.

It’s a big game, but this wasn’t one to command attention like a qualifier in the coming months, or even the Gold Cup, would. There was really no build up to it.
Agree the sentiment that any game against Mexico is big but the US team desperately needed this to build confidence...especially after another embarrassment in not qualifying for the Olympics. Not only did they win here, they did it in a dog fight that I think will help the team bond together and be ready to take on tough opponents in the future. Confidence means a lot and this team was in dire need of it.

The "real" soccer Tournament starts this week with the Euros. Should be a lot of fun. Speaking of confidence, looking for my beloved German 🇩🇪team bouncing back and doing some damage in a brutally hard division. The addition of Thomas Muller and the carry over confidence of Kai Havertz scoring the goal to win Champions League for Chelsea may be a big boost for us. Game vs France on the 15th will be huge. That's soccer at its highest level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT