ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova AD a top 3 finalist for Northwestern

Last NIL number I saw for NW was $1.7 million and they are going to have to raise more money to complete with OSU, Michigan, PSU and others in the BIG .

• Wow
Reactions: silkcitypirate
You have a better shot of seeing GOD riding a camel before you get the actual amount. A good starting point would be 1.5/2 and work up from there . The number you want to hear is 3 million or more .
Villanova is north of $3M.

Pete Thamel, ESPN

Northwestern is targeting Villanova athletic director Mark Jackson as the school's new AD, sources told ESPN.

Jackson has emerged from a field of three finalists, and a deal is expected to come together in the near future, sources said.

Jackson would take over for Derrick Gragg, who was reassigned in June. He is set to become the third athletic director for the school since Jim Phillips left to accept the ACC commissioner job in December 2020.

Jackson brings extensive experience in the athletic director's chair and in the football space. Villanova won two national titles in basketball during Jackson's nine years as AD. He developed a reputation there as a strong fundraiser and an administrator capable of spearheading significant facility projects.

Jackson also brings extensive NFL and college football experience. That includes football oversight at both Syracuse and USC during his stints in the athletic departments there.

Before Villanova, Jackson worked as the senior associate director of athletics and chief innovation officer at USC. He worked closely with the football program there and helped with the renovation of the Los Angeles Coliseum.

Jackson also worked for the then-Oakland Raiders as the organization's director of football development. He has strong ties to Pete Carroll, whom he worked for with the New England Patriots and alongside at USC.

Northwestern spent much of last season dealing with the reverberations of the firing of coach Pat Fitzgerald in the wake of hazing allegations within the program. Interim coach David Braun earned the permanent job by going 8-5 and keeping the program together.

Also looming at Northwestern is a stadium overhaul of Ryan Field that has Northwestern playing some home games in a makeshift stadium this year.

No huge loss for Villanova, but it's not a great development for Kyle Neptune.
Neptune’s on the clock. The staff is updating their résumé’s.

There are some at Villanova that thought they should have gone outside the VU family when Wright stepped down because the program was at the top and could have attracted an excellent and experienced coach.

Neptune needs to make the NCAA this year.

Reactions: Halldan1
You might not but it is newsworthy that SJU, RU and Villanova are all looking for AD's at the same time.
And i have the same feeling about them.

It it Newsworthy. It is of interest to some people. Who those schools hire will have no effect on shu hoops. If they are as foolish as shu has been at times (which i doubt) it may hurt those schools.

I cannot name one BE schools' AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT