ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball names Robert Patzer Assistant Coach

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

resize

SOUTH ORANGE, N.J. - Seton Hall women's volleyball head coach Shannon Thompson announced today the hiring of Robert Patzer as the Pirates' new assistant coach.

"I am thrilled to be adding Robert to our staff and Seton Hall family," Thompson said. "He did a great job conveying his message goals for our student athletes. Robert has had great success in his previous roles and has a high volleyball IQ that will be a great fit for pushing this program forward. I am excited to add him to the team and have him start implementing his ideas and working with the players."

Patzer comes to South Orange after spending the last year as the assistant coach and recruiting
coordinator for women's volleyball and assistant coach for men's volleyball at Merrimack College. Under his guidance, the women's team had its best record since transitioning to Division I. Among several responsibilities, he scouted opponents with student athletes, recruited, handled travel logistics, conducted bi-weekly team meetings and executed practice plans.

Prior to his time at Merrimack, Patzer was a graduate assistant coach at Daemen University.

A 2022 graduate of Daemen, the 6-foot-6 Patzer was a talented opposite hitter / setter and collected match highs of 20 kills, 43 assists and 14 digs throughout his career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT