ADVERTISEMENT

Wear a mask

We will have no choice soon! And please remember this mask mandate will survive long past the Coronavirus. The CDC will mandate mask wearing for anything indoors even after the Coronavirus. The reasoning behind this will be to "Stop the next potential pandemic" and "stop the spread of other respiratory illnesses". I'm not looking forward to this!

If we are going to open up restaurants and bars, etc., what is the correct protocol for wearing a mask. Do you wear it between bites of food, between taking a sip from a drink? It's a serious question. Our club mandates that you wear the mask in and out of the restaurant, but you can take it off once you are seated. Tables are distanced, but there is still traffic moving about (with masks) while you aren't wearing a mask. What do you do in a bar?

If we are going to open up restaurants and bars, etc., what is the correct protocol for wearing a mask. Do you wear it between bites of food, between taking a sip from a drink? It's a serious question. Our club mandates that you wear the mask in and out of the restaurant, but you can take it off once you are seated. Tables are distanced, but there is still traffic moving about (with masks) while you aren't wearing a mask. What do you do in a bar?

Before dictator Murphy shut down the indoor restaurants from reopening, I believe the rule is if you are dining indoors you are required to wear the face mask if you are not drinking or eating. For common conversation you need the mask on.

I have no problem wearing a mask indoors in public and much of the time outdoors in public. If doing that now prevents another purposely decimating of the economy I'm fine doing that.

What rankles me and probably many others is the downright dictatorial fashion in which we were/are treated these days from the top down from the president to the governors to the mayors. Be more conciliatory, less divisive, use better words than loaded words like "mandate", etc. That turns people off and divides people.

Murphy acts like he's god. He isn't and doesn't make law. Acknowledge that and perhaps things would be different. He defies his constituents which in turn makes the constituents defy him.

I have no problem wearing a mask indoors in public and much of the time outdoors in public. If doing that now prevents another purposely decimating of the economy I'm fine doing that.

What rankles me and probably many others is the downright dictatorial fashion in which we were/are treated these days from the top down from the president to the governors to the mayors. Be more conciliatory, less divisive, use better words than loaded words like "mandate", etc. That turns people off and divides people.

Murphy acts like he's god. He isn't and doesn't make law. Acknowledge that and perhaps things would be different. He defies his constituents which in turn makes the constituents defy him.

Perfectly stated.

Vote Murphy out in 2021!

Mask mandates eliminate the need for a lockdown. "Wear a mask if you want to" does not. Your choice.

Wear a mask.

If you need to take a mask off to eat inside a restaurant, you can spread the virus, so you can't inside a restaurant.

It's not hard. Mandatory masks and control the virus, or optional masks and never control the virus.

Wear a mask.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo

if you are going to endanger the economy and the health of others because other people aren't talking to you nicely enough, because they aren't using friendly enough words, you are a child. wasn't this the whole point of the "snowflake" talk a few years ago? who are the snowflakes?

if you are going to endanger the economy and the health of others because other people aren't talking to you nicely enough, because they aren't using friendly enough words, you are a child. wasn't this the whole point of the "snowflake" talk a few years ago? who are the snowflakes?

Just to confirm. You are ok with mask mandate the next 20 years? That is what will be implemented in the US.

It's called leadership and you are oversimplifying it. When you talk down to people, you divide and lessen any possible impact.

Reactions: shu09
It's called leadership and you are oversimplifying it. When you talk down to people, you divide and lessen any possible impact.
Isnt that most the culture in the states? Corporate, government etc talking down vs relating to

you have to wear a mask or the virus wont go away. that's it. everything else is about your feelings, and the virus doesn't care about those.

What does an investment bank making some obscure recommendation have to do with Phil Murphy's opinion? He shut down the state hard with little planning and regard for the consequences of that decision. He seems eager to shut it down again AND have the mask rule.

He is chomping at the bit. I started with a new company in April, have not met 99% of my co-workers, we now at the earliest would go into office on 25% basis in September. I don't expect this actually to take place until next spring based on Murphy.

He is chomping at the bit. I started with a new company in April, have not met 99% of my co-workers, we now at the earliest would go into office on 25% basis in September. I don't expect this actually to take place until next spring based on Murphy.

So absurd. The right way to handle this is to have triggers based on hospitalizations. If hospitalizations hit 50% of capacity, then certain restrictions/closures are triggered. If they hit 75%, more.

You can't prevent everyone from getting sick. You can't prevent everyone from dying. The only thing you can do is ensure there is capacity to treat people who do get sick. Other than that, the country needs to operate as close to normal as it can.

What does an investment bank making some obscure recommendation have to do with Phil Murphy's opinion? He shut down the state hard with little planning and regard for the consequences of that decision. He seems eager to shut it down again AND have the mask rule.

Wear a mask

So absurd. The right way to handle this is to have triggers based on hospitalizations. If hospitalizations hit 50% of capacity, then certain restrictions/closures are triggered. If they hit 75%, more.

You can't prevent everyone from getting sick. You can't prevent everyone from dying. The only thing you can do is ensure there is capacity to treat people who do get sick. Other than that, the country needs to operate as close to normal as it can.
I agree with this, come up with a scientific formula, make all aware, and if we pass thresholds, this is what will happen. Cannot have people making decisions based on gut or on the fact that people were "knuckleheads" at outdoor bars over the weekend.

Agree with triggers, but difficult to go based on current capacity when there is a lag with the spread and incubation period. Hitting 50% today would mean you might already be in a position to exceed capacity soon depending on what the trend line looks like.

In my opinion (and why I keep bringing it up in that other thread) it should be based off of trends in hospitalizations. If we are managing the spread, then new hospitalizations should not be going up. We need to model out what the bell curve looks like and identify the point in time where the peak could exceed capacity weeks in advance so we know how to respond now to prevent that. In Florida for example, their 7 day average of new hospitalizations has increased by 63% since bottoming out on June 7th. How long can they maintain that type of growth before they overwhelm their capacity? With the shape of the curve, it would take a lot longer to get to 50% capacity than from 50% to 100%.

everyone else who can read this, please wear a mask

I do! I have now been shelter in place for over 3 months now. I wear a mask in my house. I refuse to leave my house until a vaccine is found. I will wear a hazmat suit the first couple months after I get out of the house.

In the not to distant future having an adequate and varied complement of guns and ammunition will contribute more to your health than masks.

cool you should probably keep a bunch of guns and ammo in your home then

cool you should probably keep a bunch of guns and ammo in your home then
My guess is most of the people that have seen this coming have already thought this through and have a pretty good arsenal. Also why you will never see any more attempts at gun reform legislation in your lifetime.

In the not to distant future having an adequate and varied complement of guns and ammunition will contribute more to your health than masks.

In the not too distant future, our cars will drive us where we want to go.
Not sure what that has to do with this conversation though.

For now, I will continue to drive myself where I need to go and I will wear a mask inside stores.

We will be wearing masks for a very long time! Probably the next 20 years at least. These mandates are not leaving after COVID!

Strong leadership by Murphy. First state to mandate and many others are following suit. In fact I wish it was culturally acceptable earlier like it is in Asia, like Japan. We may not have had to quarantine at all if the administration suggested masks at the beginning rather then stating they don’t help.

Strong leadership by Murphy. First state to mandate and many others are following suit. In fact I wish it was culturally acceptable earlier like it is in Asia, like Japan. We may not have had to quarantine at all if the administration suggested masks at the beginning rather then stating they don’t help.
Americans on the macro lack discipline, greedy and cant stand a period of changing norms

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT