ADVERTISEMENT

Weed legal in NJ

Had a long conversation with a Denver police officer and it's very hard and there are political reasons to ask the cops to only get a blood sample in extreme cases. And this cop was asked to only do it in those cases. Said its a problem but the stats will never be there to measure it.

I would be in full favor of legalizing pot if there was a reliable way to enforce driving under the influence in the field. Right now there is not. The only reliable way is for police to call and ambulance and get the person taken to the hospital which they have to agree to and then test them. By the time that all happens the levels are lower. Until there is an accurate breathalizer that allows police officers to enforce it in the field I believe legalizing is irresponsible.
When it was illegal or legal, how did it change in prosecuting DUIs? It hasn’t. It can be done on observation and field sobriety tests. It’s the same whether it was illegal or legal. Not a reason not to legalize weed.

It's funny how recreational marijuana is legal in NJ, but you can't actually buy it. At least, that's how I know things work other there. My friend who lives in NJ would always see his family in Canada and buy seeds from there and bring them back to NJ and grow them himself. It's kind of a pain in the ass that he always has to travel back and forth to get the seeds. Anyways, he's actually quite happy with those he buys from https://farmerslabseeds.com/marijuana-seeds-quebec/buy-cannabis-seeds-montreal-qc/. I don't know if this is legal, like traveling with cannabis seeds from Canada to America? Do any of you know cause I'm kinda scared for him doing all this, ha-ha!
its almost impossible for him to get caught with seeds lol.

When it was illegal or legal, how did it change in prosecuting DUIs? It hasn’t. It can be done on observation and field sobriety tests. It’s the same whether it was illegal or legal. Not a reason not to legalize weed.
This was a number of years ago and it was about 6-9 months after it was legalized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT