Jan 1, 2003
Predictions

Blow out win +10 points
Win 4-10 points
Close win 1-3 points
Blow out loss +10
Loss 4-10 points
Close loss 1-3 points

Sat., Dec. 17 vs. Providence, 12:30 p.m. (FOX)
Close win

Tues., Dec. 20 at Xavier, 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
Close loss

Tues,, Dec. 27 at Marquette, 8 p.m. (FS1)
Close win

Sat., Dec. 31 vs. St. John’s, noon (FS1)
Close win

Tues., Jan. 3 at Creighton, 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
Loss

Sat., Jan. 7 vs. Butler, 8:30 (FS1)
Win

Tues., Jan. 10 at Georgetown, 8:30 (FS1)
Close win

Sat., Jan. 14 at DePaul, noon (FS1)
Close win

Wed., Jan. 18 vs. Connecticut, 6:30 p.m. (FS1)
Close loss

Sat., Jan. 21 vs. Marquette, time TBA (CBS SN)
Win

Sat., Jan. 28 at Butler, 4 p.m. (FS1)
Win

Wed., Feb. 1 at St. John’s/Carnesecca, 8:30 p.m. (CBS SN)
Close loss

Sun., Feb. 5 vs. DePaul, noon (FS1)
Win

Wed., Feb. 8 vs. Creighton, 6:30 p.m. (FS1)
Loss

Sat., Feb. 11 at Villanova/Wells Fargo, 8 p.m. (FS1)
Loss

Tues., Feb. 14 vs. Georgetown, 6 p.m. (CBS SN)
Win

Sat., Feb. 18 at Connecticut/Gampel, noon (FOX)
Close loss

Fri., Feb. 24 vs. Xavier, 7 p.m. (FS1)
Win

Tues., Feb. 28 vs. Villanova, 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
Close loss

Sat., March 4 at Providence, time TBA (network TBA)
Close loss

11 - 9

Reactions: CL82
Predictions

Blow out win +10 points
Win 4-10 points
Close win 1-3 points
Blow out loss +10
Loss 4-10 points
Close loss 1-3 points

Close win

Close loss

Close win

Close win

Loss

Win

Close win

Close win

Close loss

Win

Win

Close loss

Win

Loss

Loss

Win

Close loss

Win

Close loss

Close loss

11 - 9
I think a very fair objective take. Basically have us handling business at home except for the 2 teams who are projected to be better. Splitting against the 4-5 teams projected to be in our range. And taking care of business home/road against the others.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Very early with a lot of unanswered questions about the new players.Tough to win road games in BE.That said,11-9 will likely get us to the NCAA tournament which is a positive first season for Sha to build on.

The guy that doesn't make predictions can say with certainty, God willing - I will be at all the home games.

So many questions with this team but 11-9 seems like most likely. What’s the ceiling? 13-7? Basement feels like 8-12.

Keys IMO
- Does the defense stand up?
- Do the guards adapt to the Sha offense?
- Can Ndefo, Tyrese and Yetna convert enough opportunities on offense to keep defenses honest?
- Injuries of course

- Injuries of course
To me the key.

We don't have stars but we do have high quality depth. Which fits right in with Holloway's philosophy.

Early knee injuries to Yetna, Jaquan Harris and Ndiaye is a bad way to begin the season.

Reactions: mbraue
Sounds about right. I’ll take the NCAA tourney 10 seed right now if someone wants to give it to us.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
To me the key.

We don't have stars but we do have high quality depth. Which fits right in with Holloway's philosophy.

Early knee injuries to Yetna, Jaquan Harris and Ndiaye is a bad way to begin the season.
Yetna is the key. Harris and Ndiaye were likely getting a couple of minutes anyway. They really weren’t part of the depth plan.

Yes, no doubt of the three Yetna is most important. But quality depth means a lot of things.

First and foremost practice is important and if you are down early 3 players, none right now playing through contact, that hinders your practices.

And also if other players, and you know this is going to happen, get injured during the season your depth takes another blow.

Ndiaye will not get quality minutes. Harris would have been low on the depth chart as well unless of course he was forced into action. But ideally their contributions would/will be important to the program.

I really don’t know what to expect from this team. They could be good or they could be bad.

My concerns: I think this team will really struggle to score, Iack of quality bigs - rebounding/post presence, need to see yetna actually buy in to playing his position.

Really excited and nervous to see this offense. First time in a long time we haven’t had an offense based around one alpha. Can sha’s system empower more of the team, create more shots for other players and does the team have players who want to score? Outside the alpha in the past, the rest of the team generally look scared with the ball.

I’ve been wanting to see more of an offensive system vs iso in the past and think we’re going to get it. But very cognizant this could be a “be careful of what you wish for” scenario. It’s easier said than done.

I think we take one from Villanova and one from UConn. I just see Sha getting the guys up for those games.

I’m expecting a lot of dog fights with scores in the 50’s and 60’s.

I feel pretty good with late game scenarios if Dawes and Richmond and Harris stay healthy.

I just don’t see many blowouts at all either way.

To me the key.

When did Yetna injure his knee.Whats the prognosis?He's an important part of this team.

Preparation and motivation will not be an issue with Sha at the helm, the players have talent leaving health as the only obstacle to a good season. I see us finishing in the top 4 in the conference.

Reactions: SHU AL 84
This is probably the hardest year to predict how we will finish. So many unknowns. I think we will struggle to score. No batmans or robins on this team. Lot of pressure on Sha

Sat., Dec. 17 vs. Providence W

Tues., Dec. 20 at Xavier L

Tues,, Dec. 27 at Marquette L

Sat., Dec. 31 vs. St. John’s W

Tues., Jan. 3 at Creighton L

Sat., Jan. 7 vs. Butler W

Tues., Jan. 10 at Georgetown L (This is just a bad time, etc.)

Sat., Jan. 14 at DePaul W

Wed., Jan. 18 vs. Connecticut W

Sat., Jan. 21 vs. Marquette W

Sat., Jan. 28 at Butler W

Wed., Feb. 1 at St. John’s/Carnesecca L

Sun., Feb. 5 vs. DePaul W

Wed., Feb. 8 vs. Creighton L

Sat., Feb. 11 at Villanova L

Tues., Feb. 14 vs. Georgetown W

Sat., Feb. 18 at Connecticut L

Fri., Feb. 24 vs. Xavier W

Tues., Feb. 28 vs. Villanova W

Sat., March 4 at Providence L

11 - 9 which puts us perilously close to the wrong side of the bubble. Need another win somewhere.

Yes, no doubt of the three Yetna is most important. But quality depth means a lot of things.

First and foremost practice is important and if you are down early 3 players, none right now playing through contact, that hinders your practices.

And also if other players, and you know this is going to happen, get injured during the season your depth takes another blow.

Ndiaye will not get quality minutes. Harris would have been low on the depth chart as well unless of course he was forced into action. But ideally their contributions would/will be important to the program.
Down the road, Jaq. Harris is going to be very important to the program. But even healthy, if he and Ndiaye were going to be relied on for major minutes (due to other injuries), it would be a tough go. So maybe the phrase “quality depth this year”, is about 9-10 deep.

For example, if three rotation players went down, Sha would likely play a 6-7 man rotation.

Can Ndiaye get another year if the knee is bad and he has to red shirt?

Holloway averages about a 9.1 man rotation historically at St Peters.

Even if two rotation players go down, he will still average 9 players I bet. He will just have to get Tae Davis and Jaquan Sanders get up to speed quickly who will prob start outside the normal rotation.

Yetna’s injury doesn’t seem severe so I expect him in the rotation at first, the two other injured players weren’t expected to be in the rotation so I assume the rotation will be 9 again even with some injuries.

Last edited:
If Holloway is able to attract high end talent I think he will adapt his coaching style (i.e. shorter rotation). With no stars/alphas makes sense to go deep but once you have high end talent you’re not playing studs less than 25min a game.

Reactions: Halldan1
Whenever I spoke to JP he echoed exactly what you just said. Told me the Sha we will see this season won't be the Sha we'll see moving forward if he recruits as we expect.

Reactions: SOBO1
First time in a long time - very hard to predict. No mobile 7 footers and All Big East player.......bigger loss than we think.

Kadary driving in and passing out to Dawes, Tray Jackson and Jamir Harris gets us to 11 wins.

If he averages 5 assists and those 3 shoot above 37.5% and Jaquan Harris hits a few 3''s we may get 12.

Could you imagine the recruiting pitch? We don’t necessarily have the largest NIL budget, but on the plus side we can promise to not play you starters minutes which will save your knees in the long run. You’ll thank us when your older…trust us.

My thoughts;
Blow out win New team 5 freshmen, 7 Transfers

Close loss Sean Miller has them ready
Nunge + Freemantle,Adam Kunle n Sou Bourn Miners transfer

Close loss Shaka IS Smart

Close win Posh, Curbelo David Jones can ball

Loss Kalkbrenner with free reign

Win 3 big men bewildered

Close win - new transfers

Close win n/c

Close win Sanogo can't do it alone

Win Good win streak

Win again

Close loss- no MSG

Win AGAIN

Loss AGAIN

Win- Surprised?

Win again

Close loss maybe

Win this time

Close loss payback

Close win not a dream

13-7
BET n NCAA'S Tv or in-person?

Reactions: hallstorm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT