2G Dawes
PG Richmond

2023/24
C Bediako
PF Davis
SF Wusu
2G Dawes
PG Richmond

C is a tough call because Bediako is the better center but Samuel is the better player. Draw.

PF is similar. Ndefo is the better PF but Davis is the better player. Draw.

SF is manned by players who are not pure 3.s Both are excellent defensive players but I give the nod to Wusu as the more complete player.

2G and PG are manned by the same players so it stands to reason that the more mature players are the better players. Nod 2023/24.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
C is a tough call because Bediako is the better center but Samuel is the better player. Draw.

PF is similar. Ndefo is the better PF but Davis is the better player. Draw.

SF is manned by players who are not pure 3.s Both are excellent defensive players but I give the nod to Wusu as the more complete player.

2G and PG are manned by the same players so it stands to reason that the more mature players are the better players. Nod 2023/24.
C - Samuel might have a better putting game too but the question is who is the better center and I think at this point I would rather have Bediako banging then Samuel. It also appears that Jaden is much better off the ball, in the screen and role game and offensive rebounding.

PF - I really liked KC's heart, I think thats an intangable that you just cant teach but Davis is a dog. I rather see him at the three, but hes putting in work.

SF - This is the push for me and wasnt really impressed with either. They keep saying that Wusu has a huge upside so I am hoping that plays a factor. Trending in the right direction I would put Coleman better then both of them by the end of the year. My hope is that Wusu finds his stride and you see a nice one two punch of Coleman and Wusu

2G and PG - Agreed experience plays a factor here so you have to lean toward this year. Depth is a factor here as well. I can see Sanders picking up minutes that they didnt have last year

Overall this team looks better then last year but they need to not only find who they are individually but who they are as a team.

A healthy davis at SF in 2022-2023 and it wouldn’t be close.

We love to play people out of position.

Reactions: shupat08
Its close but neither team is NCAA tourney quality.Too many holes,players playing out of position.lack of quality bench depth.poor 3 point shooting,etc.

Both rosters are flawed IMO.
The 2022/2023 team is better defensively because of Femi and KC. Offense was really hard to watch with that group because of Femi and KC. Without Samuel on the floor, our defense and offense got noticeably worse with that starting five.

The 2023/2024 roster should be better on offense but we have only seen that improvement from the foul line so far. I thought we would have just a little more fire power than we do and hope that changes. We don't turn the ball over as much this year as the team did last year. Defensively this roster is worse than last year. Our defensive lapses are significant and need to be addressed. Hoping Coleman and Wusu can continue to improve and help this team out offensively. By the end of the year, this team should be better than last year's team IMO if we can stay healthy.

I think we have the potential to be better than last year. Will better offense be cancelled out by worse defense? The offense needs to start to click to make that difference. Maybe by the end of the year 62% of the offense will be installed - lol.

We still lack pure shooters that can defend. Has to be the highest priority in the portal next year.

Reactions: Piratz and SPK145
Pretty even, and although it’s early this team doesn’t play as ugly as last years (although not by much). Records likely to be similar.

Reactions: Section112
Overall about the same. Last year better D. This year better O. But the O this year has to be much better to offset the lapses on defense.

Based on results so far -- and it's still early -- 2022-23.

On paper I would probably give 2023-24 a slight edge.

Worse defense better free throw shooting but neither team consistently shooting the basketball. Coleman off the bench is the main difference but another year of no height depth.

A better starting 5 would be Tyrese at the 4 & Dre at the 3, pushing either Wusu or Dawes to the bench. Dawes would probably give you more scoring off the bench which would be preferable.

:)

Both lineups have guys playing out of position which is going to cause issues over the season.

Reactions: mbraue
Neither team is good enough to be where we need to be. Right now, last year's team is better because at least they had an identity. They were a strong defensive team that slowed the tempo and tried to out-grind you.

So far I don't know who our team is yet. We aren't good defensively and we don't shoot well enough to outscore teams.

Sha wants to play a 9-10 man rotation and out-effort teams but due to lack of talent and injuries, he has not been able to do that in either season. I'd like to see Sha be able to use a true 10-man rotation to see how it works at this level. Worthless to speculate but if Samuel and one of Femi or Tae had stayed we'd be 2-deep at every position and Sha could play the style he envisions.

Reactions: mbraue and LBP43
Let’s see if these guys can beat the NC and some more before we say who’s better. So far Im looking at last year as better though.

Neither team is good enough to be where we need to be. Right now, last year's team is better because at least they had an identity. They were a strong defensive team that slowed the tempo and tried to out-grind you.

So far I don't know who our team is yet. We aren't good defensively and we don't shoot well enough to outscore teams.

Sha wants to play a 9-10 man rotation and out-effort teams but due to lack of talent and injuries, he has not been able to do that in either season. I'd like to see Sha be able to use a true 10-man rotation to see how it works at this level. Worthless to speculate but if Samuel and one of Femi or Tae had stayed we'd be 2-deep at every position and Sha could play the style he envisions.
That doesn’t work in a major conference. You have to play your best guys as much as required. Scheming like that won’t work over the long haul of a season.

Pretty even, and although it’s early this team doesn’t play as ugly as last years (although not by much). Records likely to be similar.
If that's true, then it's likely this year's team is better, as the conference is stronger this year, IMO.

I think Wusu is a better player than he's showed thus far, I was impressed with him when we played SJU the past couple of years.

Last year’s team was tougher. This year‘s more talented. This year’s team has greater potential to improve. So far though, I’m expecting a similar record.

Both rosters are flawed IMO.
The 2022/2023 team is better defensively because of Femi and KC. Offense was really hard to watch with that group because of Femi and KC. Without Samuel on the floor, our defense and offense got noticeably worse with that starting five.

The 2023/2024 roster should be better on offense but we have only seen that improvement from the foul line so far. I thought we would have just a little more fire power than we do and hope that changes. We don't turn the ball over as much this year as the team did last year. Defensively this roster is worse than last year. Our defensive lapses are significant and need to be addressed. Hoping Coleman and Wusu can continue to improve and help this team out offensively. By the end of the year, this team should be better than last year's team IMO if we can stay healthy.

I think we have the potential to be better than last year. Will better offense be cancelled out by worse defense? The offense needs to start to click to make that difference. Maybe by the end of the year 62% of the offense will be installed - lol.

We still lack pure shooters that can defend. Has to be the highest priority in the portal next year.
Seconded. You would have a decent team adding pieces from one year to the other lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT