ADVERTISEMENT

When has this become mundane

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Aaron Judge hits HR # 58, his 5th home run in consecutive games and among the multiple headlines in the NY Post about the game, nowhere is that feat mentioned.

If he can hit 2 more and get to 60, would be only 3rd player to get to 60+ HR season multiple times in career, joining McGwire and Sosa. Sosa reached 60+ three times in his career.

Reactions: Halldan1
And Judge even hits righthanded. Sosa and McGuire are part of the reason why it is not as newsworthy as it should be. The stench lasts a long time.

Judge in NY, Ohtani in LA. Baseball cannot be more lucky. Maybe if they made a fool of themselves as they ran around the bases the Post would pay more attn.

Reactions: Piratz and Halldan1
Folks also take the Yankees success for granted. They haven’t had a losing season in 30+ years, which is a crazy stat when you think about it for a moment. They are most always in the playoffs. The regular season is an after thought for some, although it shouldn’t be (I mean they didn’t make it last year). Judge has already done this before, so that gets taken for granted by some too even though what him and Ohtani are doing is bonkers.

Baseball is my first love and favorite sport so I will always follow it religiously. And being a fan of the Giants, Knicks and Hall has also given me some much needed perspective in appreciating and not taking for granted the Yankees success. Because what some call a “bad” year for the Yanks nowadays would be celebrated by all the above fan bases, even the Gmen who have won more Super Bowls than most and been a great franchise in their own right when you compare them to the rest of the NFL.

Baseball has died on the vine a bit. The playoffs get some buzz.
I have never enjoyed baseball more in decades as I have this year. Yeah, I am a Dodger fan and we have Ohtani and Mookie and Freddie and we win the NL west every year. But we bomb out early most every year in the playoffs, and with our pitching staff injuries this year, it will be a miracle if the few good starters we have can hold up over the playoffs. I have no playoff or WS expectations. And I am still like a little kid. I would stay home on a 95 degree summer day if the Dodgers were on the game of the week in the 60s, and I could have walked three blocks to the beach. Last night I was praying for the Twins to end their damned game (13 innings lol) so I could watch the end of our game with the Padres. Had MLB.com on my phone following every pitch till midnight lol. The last 2 innings made it worth the wait!!!

In the other sports, the drama builds, the big play comes. It succeeds or fails. In Baseball, 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs, bottom of the ninth. Ball one, strike one, the drama builds. A hit or an out? Wait for the next pitch.

This is still one of my favorite times of the year especially with the Mets in the playoff picture.

I've barely watched an NFL or College Football game but I will absolutely scope out if MLB Network is showing a game. Today I watched the Cubs and Reds play a 1:48 1-0 classic as if both teams wanted to hit the Wrigleyville bars.

If I'm in the car I'll seek out whatever game I can find on SXM that might effect the Mets situation. The technology age way to scoreboard watch.

Reactions: Seton75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT