ADVERTISEMENT

Will Creighton win the Big East?

Nova will be depending on highly regarded freshmen, but still freshmen, to replace guys like Gillespie and Samuel. Plus who knows when Moore will return. They are not more talented than last year.

Reactions: jdavispirates
Nova will be depending on highly regarded freshmen, but still freshmen, to replace guys like Gillespie and Samuel. Plus who knows when Moore will return. They are not more talented than last year.
They are absolutely more talented. They had no one as talented as Cam. Their other freshman is a stud. Moore will be back for Jan 1. Slater is back. Dixon is back. Much deeper team. Team is loaded talent wise but much unproven as is its coach.

McDermott now the dean of the coaching ranks.
My view is that Ed Cooley is the dean of Big East coaches. He's been at Providence since 2011-12.

McDermott may have been at Creighton one year longer but Creighton didn't join the BE until 2013-14.

On that note it's hard to believe that next on the list of BE tenure is Ewing (five years), Anderson (three years), Shaka, Hurley and Stubblefield (two years) and then Shaheen, Neptune, Miller and Matta (first year).

Reactions: CL82
They are absolutely more talented. They had no one as talented as Cam. Their other freshman is a stud. Moore will be back for Jan 1. Slater is back. Dixon is back. Much deeper team. Team is loaded talent wise but much unproven as is its coach.
My point is are those guys going to perform at Gillespie’s, Samuel’s snd Moore’s level? If not then they are not upgrading Nova’s talent level.

I sincerely doubt Moore will be back by Jan 1. I read maybe early February and then how effective will he be. I’m hoping he’s back sooner rather than later but we’ll have to wait and see.

Totally agree on the coaching situation.

My point is are those guys going to perform at Gillespie’s, Samuel’s snd Moore’s level? If not then they are not upgrading Nova’s talent level.

I sincerely doubt Moore will be back by Jan 1. I read maybe early February and then how effective will he be. I’m hoping he’s back sooner rather than later but we’ll have to wait and see.

Totally agree on the coaching situation.
I was describing talent not what they will contribute this season.

My view is that Ed Cooley is the dean of Big East coaches. He's been at Providence since 2011-12.

McDermott may have been at Creighton one year longer but Creighton didn't join the BE until 2013-14.

On that note it's hard to believe that next on the list of BE tenure is Ewing (five years), Anderson (three years), Shaka, Hurley and Stubblefield (two years) and then Shaheen, Neptune, Miller and Matta (first year).
I wasn’t really referring to tenure. I can see how my choice of words could lead you to believe that. I view him as the best coach in the league. Know that’s open to debate. But if Sha wasn’t here and I was told I could select any other BE coach for us I’d go with Greg.

Moore playing Jan 1 is a reach. Hope you are right, but def not putting money on it

Slater & Dixon didn’t average double figures last season…Cam is real talented, but nowhere close to as talented as last year’s team. Moore won’t be half the player he was & he won’t even play 2 months

With them being such a prominent thorn in our side the last few years, it's hard to describe just how immensely satisfying it was to defeat them both times last season - especially that absolute beat down at the Purdential Center!

Those two victories were probably the most surprising outcome of last season, eclipsing even the road win at Michigan. Arguably, other than making the dance, defeating Creighton twice was probably the team's biggest accomplishment. I mean, they really had our number....perhaps more so than Nova.

Unfortunately it looks like, at least for now, they are poised for further dominance over us. I would more than gladly take a split with them next season, and hopefully dodge them in the BET.

Reactions: el pirata
Slater & Dixon didn’t average double figures last season…Cam is real talented, but nowhere close to as talented as last year’s team. Moore won’t be half the player he was & he won’t even play 2 months
Daniels or Cam will be the leading scorer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT