ADVERTISEMENT

Will of the (elite) people

SHUHoopsFan

All World
Oct 12, 2007
Good to see 40 people signing a letter is greater than 14 million votes from ordinary people.

Made a total sham of the primary and Presidency. Once a liar always a liar. Spare me the nonsense of his great career.

I’m no fan of Biden, but damn it’s still brutal to see him get kicked to the curb by Dems after 50 years of serving the party. Ruthless.

Reactions: shu09
Big dollar donors were withholding checks. Good to know the vote of the poor counts as much as the funds of the wealthy.

• Haha
Reactions: HALL85
Made a total sham of the primary and Presidency. Once a liar always a liar. Spare me the nonsense of his great career.
The “Party of Democracy” will nominate someone who received exactly zero votes in their primary. Anything to remain in power.

I’m no fan of Biden, but damn it’s still brutal to see him get kicked to the curb by Dems after 50 years of serving the party. Ruthless.
Politics. Not leadership or in the best interests of America.

Everyone wanted them to move on. It was the right decision by Biden. Now let’s see if they make a smart decision or give Kamala the nod.
You know 14 million wanted to move on??? Impressive.

Fact is the money stopped coming in the last couple weeks and magically picked up right after the announcement. Concern for the poor or what the super rich think? This is all about the super rich. Trump should exploit this if he can get out of his own way.

Fact is the money stopped coming in the last couple weeks and magically picked up right after the announcement. Concern for the poor or what the super rich think? This is all about the super rich. Trump should exploit this if he can get out of his own way.

Polling clearly showed Biden was cooked.

You’re just upset you can’t use Biden age to justify voting for Trump now.

Polling clearly showed Biden was cooked.

You’re just upset you can’t use Biden age to vote for Trump now.
Polling showed Romney and McCain were cooked vs Obama. Pulling the candidate for that reason is not exactly how democracy works. Polling said he wouldn't win, not that the people who voted for him wanted him out. The former has nothing to do with the latter.

I'm hoping for a reason to vote Kennedy, but I refuse to let the electoral college let the house and senate pick the President and VP. Trump will be the better of the 2 options as it looks like it will be Kamala who couldn't get 2% of her party behind her 4 years ago because she's so unlikeable.

Last edited:
Polling showed Romney and McCain were cooked vs Obama. Pulling the candidate for that reason is not exactly how democracy works. Polling said he wouldn't win, not that the people who voted for him wanted him out. The former has nothing to do with the latter.

I'm hoping for a reason to vote Kennedy, but I refuse to let the electoral college let the house and senate pick the President and VP. Trump will be the better of the 2 options as it looks like it will be Kamala who couldn't get 2% of her party behind her 4 years ago because she's so unlikeable.

He decided not to seek reelection because the entire nation saw he couldn’t complete a coherent sentence.

The country loses if it’s Trump vs Kamala. A crook who tried to deny the election process vs an incompetent.

He decided not to seek reelection because the entire nation saw he couldn’t complete a coherent sentence.

The country loses if it’s Trump vs Kamala. A crook who tried to deny the election process vs an incompetent.
Don't play stupid because you're not. The entire nation saw he couldn't complete a coherent sentence a long time ago with the exception of the State of the Union where everyone thought he was on something. Wild thing is he can't complete that coherent sentence but he is good being in charge of the entire nation for next 6 months? Brilliant.

I'll go with he decided not to seek reelection because he needed the money of the rich and they wouldn't give to him. Pander to what the rich want.

Don't play stupid because you're not. The entire nation saw he couldn't complete a coherent sentence a long time ago with the exception of the State of the Union where everyone thought he was on something. Wild thing is he can't complete that coherent sentence but he is good being in charge of the entire nation for next 6 months? Brilliant.

I'll go with he decided not to seek reelection because he needed the money of the rich and they wouldn't give to him. Pander to what the rich want.

I said the nation, not myself. Most people don’t follow politics day to day and had no clue about Biden issues. The debate exposed it. It became an untenable situation for him hence he drops out.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Just bizarre….RFK doing a press conference right now. The sitting President decides to drop out of the race and instead of a public announcement, issues a statement and says he’ll address the nation later in the week.

I said the nation, not myself. Most people don’t follow politics day to day and had no clue about Biden issues. The debate exposed it. It became an untenable situation for him hence he drops out.
Most people have social media. My friends have shown me so many Biden moments on twitter it's ridiculous. Whether they follow politics day to day is irrelevant to whether or not people knew Joe had issues. Sadly most have problem seen his worst moments over and over again. If I had an account on twitter, I could probably match TwitterGuy with number of threads on this page with Joe Biden issues. If I know they're out there I'm sure most Americans who have a twitter account know as well.

Trump never gets out of his own way and it does not matter what he says because his cult following will never abandon him .

Reactions: sussexcopirate
Most people have social media. My friends have shown me so many Biden moments on twitter it's ridiculous. Whether they follow politics day to day is irrelevant to whether or not people knew Joe had issues. Sadly most have problem seen his worst moments over and over again. If I had an account on twitter, I could probably match TwitterGuy with number of threads on this page with Joe Biden issues. If I know they're out there I'm sure most Americans who have a twitter account know as well.
Everyone has short memories. Dean Phillips ran against Biden in the primary and repeated that Biden was unfit over and over. But no oxygen from the MSM on that one.

Reactions: shu09 and dehere23
Trump never gets out of his own way and it does not matter what he says because his cult following will never abandon him .
It's not about any cult. It's about the average person who is sick and tired of things being catered to the elites. It's funny Mayor Pete was on Bill Maher's show the other night and he was talking about the backers of Republican Party being rich white men. Why? Because republicans cater to the rich. While he's saying this stuff, donors cut off funding from the democrats and then politicians comes out to get Biden off the ticket because.....follow the money. 2 parties playing the same game like they've always done behind the scenes. I'm not sure we've ever seen something of this magnitude done right in the face of the American people as far as your vote doesn't matter. We the democrats are going with a poll over your vote. And the reason we're going with the poll is because rich donors cite that as a reason they stopped funding.

I agree Trump never gets out of his own way. That's the best hope for the democrats right now. And to be honest it's not the worst thing to be banking on.

for primary voters, there was no other option for them to vote for. and its not exactly atypical for an incumbent president in the primaries.

agree with most of the sentiment. but let's have a tiny bit of context too. both parties have failed the people by not electing actual good candidates.

If he can't complete a coherent sentence, shouldn't the 25th amendment have been invoked yesterday?

It was an election issue in 2020, too. He campaigned from a bunker and avoided unscripted press appearances to avoid it being called out as much, but it was still called out. Every time it was chalked up to the "typical Biden gaffes". The debate may have exposed it to the broadest possible audience, but there was an audience that was aware of this and covered it up. Why that bothers no one when the guy is the sitting President is beyond me.

Reactions: SHUMatt and SPK145
The “Party of Democracy” will nominate someone who received exactly zero votes in their primary. Anything to remain in power.
The "party" won't be nominating anyone. The big donors will be nominating someone, just as the big donors is who ultimately led the way for Biden to be gone.

for primary voters, there was no other option for them to vote for. and its not exactly atypical for an incumbent president in the primaries.

agree with most of the sentiment. but let's have a tiny bit of context too. both parties have failed the people by not electing actual good candidates.
Dude is in his 80s. Not your typical incumbent. Should not have been your typical primary.

Crazy the largest companies benefitted the most during his administration are the ones throwing him under the bus.
This appeared in Wall Street Journal today “Together, the Magnificent Seven—Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Meta Platforms, Microsoft, Nvidia NVDA -2.61%decrease; red down pointing triangle and Tesla—reported a 52% increase in profits for the first quarter of this year, compared with a decline of 8.7% by the remaining 493 companies in the S&P 500, according to Ryan Grabinski, investment strategist at Strategas. Analysts expect the septet to report a 28% jump in earnings for the second quarter, while profits from the other S&P 500 stocks slip 1%.

Crazy the largest companies benefitted the most during his administration are the ones throwing him under the bus.
This appeared in Wall Street Journal today “Together, the Magnificent Seven—Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Meta Platforms, Microsoft, Nvidia NVDA -2.61%decrease; red down pointing triangle and Tesla—reported a 52% increase in profits for the first quarter of this year, compared with a decline of 8.7% by the remaining 493 companies in the S&P 500, according to Ryan Grabinski, investment strategist at Strategas. Analysts expect the septet to report a 28% jump in earnings for the second quarter, while profits from the other S&P 500 stocks slip 1%.
It's really not a fair comparison when you look where those companies were as opposed to where they are now. I bet you can't find one country who is worse off economically today than 4 years ago. Why? Countries were shut down. Economics were only going to go up when they re-opened. It's not like great policies of leaders around the world kicked in 4 years ago. Stop the lock downs, get back to work, and wow numbers went up shocking.

It's no different with crime stats. Crime is down. Of course crime is down when marijuana is no longer illegal and in many areas stealing less than $1,000 is not a crime.

It's really not a fair comparison when you look where those companies were as opposed to where they are now. I bet you can't find one country who is worse off economically today than 4 years ago. Why? Countries were shut down. Economics were only going to go up when they re-opened. It's not like great policies of leaders around the world kicked in 4 years ago. Stop the lock downs, get back to work, and wow numbers went up shocking.

It's no different with crime stats. Crime is down. Of course crime is down when marijuana is no longer illegal and in many areas stealing less than $1,000 is not a crime.
Good points in both cases

Dude is in his 80s. Not your typical incumbent. Should not have been your typical primary.
agree and thats why you should take with a grain of salt it's who the people voted in. its the only option they had.

its the democrat party's fault for not getting ahead of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT