ADVERTISEMENT

With 4 games left, who would have thunk it

I'm just happy theyre competent again. I don't think/never thought they'll go on a run Ala the Pistons in the 2000s but they're a great watch.

Meanwhile, we're inching closer to a play in game with Lebron vs Curry, which if you told us this last year you'd be laughed out of the building

Pre-season, I would have been beyond thrilled with 28-30 wins.

I thought the Knicks would be in play for Cunningham/Suggs/Mobley. Now? Maybe Bouknight drops to them?

It's amazing what happens when you improve the management and coaching of the team.

Thibodeau has made them play defense all season long. They went from a bottom-third defensive team last year to arguably the top defensive team in the NBA.

Randle has played team basketball and is playing like an MVP and Barrett is playing like the future All-Star that he is. Hard to remember he's only 20 yrs old.

They are fun to watch. But so is Brooklyn in a totally different way. When Harden is on the floor with Durant and Kyrie, it's absolutely incredible the offense that they play. Kyrie is so much better playing SG than PG. But will Harden and KD be healthy, did they play together enough and will they be able to get stops when they need to?

I love watching this Knicks team. They play hard, all the time. They play defense. They play together, despite having some significant offensive limitations at time. Hardworking group. Great story and hope it continues.

While this is good, the Goat has missed more than 20 games and AD has missed a ton of games, too. So, it doesn’t really work.

Injuries are part of the game. And while the Knicks' injuries can't match those two, they have had their fair share all season long as well.

You play the cards dealt to you and with that said there's not a soul on the planet that would have the Knicks with 38 wins with 4 games to play.

I am a lifelong Laker fan. I watched them win the title last year but I dont think they can beat a healthy Nets team. Checked in for a score late last night. I thought the knicks were up 10 in the 4th. Now I know why the thread died...lol.

James Dolan can celebrate the unexpected success of the Knicks this year as much as he likes but let’s see what they do next year to prove this year was not an aberration. I’m enjoying the Knicks play this year and let’s hope Dolan is smart enough to let his management people keep making all the roster decisions and not interfere with his like for big name stars .

Imo, celebrate this year all you want. Next year will come, and I think the good play will continue, but even if it doesn't, this has been a great yr. Bravo!

Imo, celebrate this year all you want. Next year will come, and I think the good play will continue, but even if it doesn't, this has been a great yr. Bravo!
What I like about this team is that when its top player Randle comes outpublicly and says he wants to be a Knick for Life that tells me that you have a locker room that’s in tune with its head coach and the organization .

Reactions: Hallsome
Dolan is still toxic as hell. But Leon Rose, WWW, Thibs and others not as publicly known have changed the culture of the franchise in just one year. They are a likeable team even if you don't like the NBA or the Knicks. They are a throwback in how they play. Other players go out of their way to credit them for how they compete. A flawed team with a breakout star in Randle, but I'd love for them to get past a more-talented Hawks and give a favorite a scare in Round 2.

Also, there is now a generation of fans who understand what the Knicks mean to the NBA when they are good. And sports fandom in the tri-state area. They have been the biggest sports story in NY for a while now and it is going to continue until they are eliminated. Not many times over the past 20 years where you could say that.

Reactions: Halldan1
What I like about this team is that when its top player Randle comes outpublicly and says he wants to be a Knick for Life that tells me that you have a locker room that’s in tune with its head coach and the organization .
Randle is a leader.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT