ADVERTISEMENT

Within his rights or LeBron James being a diva?

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

LeBron James makes a scene at son Bronny’s basketball game​

By Jeremy Layton

LeBron James is a diva even when he’s not playing.

The four-time NBA MVP caused a scene at his son Bronny’s prep basketball game on Saturday, interrupting the game to yell at the PA announcer over a comment he didn’t appreciate.

During the final minutes of the game – which took place at LeBron’s alma mater St. Vincent-St. Mary’s High School, at the aptly named LeBron James Arena – the Lakers star took issue after a PA announcer said Bronny got a foul call because he was playing in a gym with his father’s name on it, according to the broadcast.

The 36-year-old got up and started yelling at the announcer, interrupting the game in the process. It took LeBron a minute or so to calm down before he ended up walking back to his seat.

Bronny’s Strive for Greatness team ended up losing the game in overtime, 73-69. The game was a part of the “Battle Summer Showcase,” a tournament highlighting some of the best high school talent in the Midwest.

This is just the second time in the past 11 years, James is not a part of the NBA Finals. His Lakers were beaten in the first round of the playoffs by the eventual Western Conference champion Suns, who will take on the Bucks for the championship.

Not a fan of Lebron but why did the announcer say that? Kind of silly all around.

Kelly Tripucka who was an absolute nut watching his kids games in Mountain Lakes got a one-year ban at one point because he could not stop berating the refs. Both the announcer and Lebron were wrong in this case.

Not a fan of Lebron but why did the announcer say that? Kind of silly all around.

Kelly Tripucka who was an absolute nut watching his kids games in Mountain Lakes got a one-year ban at one point because he could not stop berating the refs. Both the announcer and Lebron were wrong in this case.

Not sure anyone has been banned from more gyms in North Jersey than Kelly

Reactions: Section112
I've done PA for high school and Women's college basketball games. Never in a million years would I have said anything like that.

Was LeBron over the top from the reading of the story? Sure. But I'd be pretty upset too if my son was singled out like that. The son already has the burden of being the son of one of the greatest basketball players who ever lived.

Obviously both are wrong. But short of the PA announcers friends and family no one knows the guy.

James? That's another story. His reaction shows that he believes he is above it all and always feels the need to be in the spotlight.

Although I admire his ability and think he is close to Jordan on the court, off of it he's a very unlikeable person.

There were better ways for James to handle this issue but he choose not to do so because he believes that his celebrity status allows him to do whatever he wants At the same time the PA annoucer’s comment was inappropriate and served no purpose .

Last edited:
Anyone else pulling the same stunt would have been tossed from the gym! Cry baby move.

Nobody else's son or daughter would have been subjected to the comment.

A comment made in a building named after him because he donated the money to his alma mater for its renovation.

Nobody else's son or daughter would have been subjected to the comment.

A comment made in a building named after him because he donated the money to his alma mater for its renovation.
Jayson Williams bought the scoreboard and other equipment for North Hunterdon High School. Does that change your opinion of him?

Obviously both are wrong. But short of the PA announcers friends and family no one knows the guy.

James? That's another story. His reaction shows that he believes he is above it all and always feels the need to be in the spotlight.

Although I admire his ability and think he is close to Jordan on the court, off of it he's a very unlikeable person.
I know a bunch of Dads who would go crazy at that remark, guys whose kids played grammar or HS ball with no thought of being able to go further. It was an incredibly insulting remark made only cause the kid is Lebron's son. Maybe Lebron overreacted. The guys I refer to did too, to far less things, like a questionable block/charge call. One of the nicest guys I now was thrown out of more than one soccer game, and his son was a scrub.

I am not a fan of him by any means, but I can't blame him based on how it's been described in this thread. The only basketball-related thing more annoying than LeBron James are these sideline hype "announcers".

Unfortunately James has a history of this kind of behavior. The announcer was wrong but are we really surprised by his reaction?

Reactions: shu09

I'll disagree with him being close to Jordan. James is a physical freak. In his physical gifts he may even exceed MJ. As a player, I don't think it's close. MJ's will to win is unmatched. Perfect example the flu game. High fever, vomiting during time outs and he wills himself to a 38 pt performance and game 5 win. LeBron against the Spurs, complains it's too hot and uses cramps as an excuse for the eventual series loss. Keep in mind, this is a guy who hand picked his teams and still lost. MJ drafted by the bulls never missed playoffs and was perfect in finals. I'd bet if both were in their prime and played 1 on 1 It wouldn't be close. MJ would embarrass him.

Reactions: HALL85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT