ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Union going after christine brennan

The WNBA as a whole is completely lost. They are in DIRE NEED of an outside PR firm. They shoot themselves in the foot at every single turn.

Unprecedented attendance and TV ratings. Then immediately call the very same people racist and misogynistic.

Demand equal treatment from media, salary, travel media coverage then immediately denounce a member of the media for asking the very tough questions they thought they wanted.

The majority of the players in the league are completely delusional and expect to be given things just because. They forget without massive NBA handouts every year this league would have folded a long time ago.

The WNBA as a whole is completely lost. They are in DIRE NEED of an outside PR firm. They shoot themselves in the foot at every single turn.

Unprecedented attendance and TV ratings. Then immediately call the very same people racist and misogynistic.

Demand equal treatment from media, salary, travel media coverage then immediately denounce a member of the media for asking the very tough questions they thought they wanted.

The majority of the players in the league are completely delusional and expect to be given things just because. They forget without massive NBA handouts every year this league would have folded a long time ago.

I don't follow the WNBA at all, but my impression has been along the lines here. How are they fumbling the bag of fan interest they've longed for so badly to be largely unlikable? Not including Clark in the Olympics was an unfathomably stupid marketing decision to boot.

Reactions: Bluebeard
You have star players that no one ever saw play till clark joined the nba and now the place is packed and they dont care about anyone but clark. You have a white, straight woman in a largely black league with many gay women.

Clark gets the opposite of the jordan whisle. Mostly fouled by black player. Is that cause she is white, straight. Is it jealosy. Is it welcome to the big leagues? They seen like nasty fouls.

The number of big women hoops personalities who have acted like aholes is just about all of them, geno on down.

If clark Went away, so do the fans. Attendance up 48% cause of her. I get why tarausi and others are jealose and pissed. But so many publicly acting like spoiled, nasty brats is hard to fathom

And clark is for real. She is imo the best passer on a fast break or a cut. Man or woman. Sees where the ball has to go like a great qb. I watched the wnba a few times but only when she was playing.

The situation is unprecedented. Complicated. Disappointing. There used to be a fake newspaper on sale once in a while in nyc in the 80s. One sardonic headline was something like, "atomic bomb explodes in US. Michael jackson and billions of others die". And that is the wnba today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluebeard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT