ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another conference realignment proposal - This one seems different.

CL82

All American
Oct 31, 2002

This one feels different mostly because it's not being proposed by have not schools trying to worm their way into a better situation. This one has the top 70 football schools forming a new "league" instead of a new conference. They would then only schedule games against each other. Theoretically, existing conference structures would not change. Private equity would pay them upfront to buy out any schedule games that did not meet the model and then would own the new "league" and retain 5 to 12 1/2% of the profit after guaranteeing league members a defined amount of money annually.

What would be the fallout from this? Is it the first shoe dropping of a breakaway from the NCAA? Is it a de facto decoupling of football and basketball which ultimately results in basketball being valued separately, which would be a good thing for us? Or is it just the latest private equity attempt at a money grab of the inherent value in college football?

• Sad
Reactions: silkcitypirate
During the end stages of my career “ Risk Management “ became an integral part of our decision making and it became an important asset for us. My hope is that the BE’s Commissioner and her staff are aggressively planning how the Conference can not only survive and prosper in a constantly changing environment in college sports today and how to deal with the threats the Big East will likely face.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
The Power 5 Football schools are leaving the NCAA and forming their own 32 team organization. There will be four conferences with 8 teams each - North, South, Midwest & West. The draft 32 are as follows:

North - Clemson, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Penn State

South - Alabama, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Tennessee

Midwest - Michigan, Ohio St., Notre Dame, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas

West - Washington, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Colorado, BYU, Arkansas
I posted this in April. I believe this is where we will end up. It's just a matter of time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT