ADVERTISEMENT

Yetna

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
As promised.

Many of us in the media used our contacts to try and find out a timeline regarding Yetna's injury. We then compared notes and here's what we came up with.

At the end of the previous year Yetna told the school he was not coming back. At that point the case seemed closed. Then, during the summer word came out that Yetna, who Sha wanted back badly, changed his mind and would indeed take a grad year at the Hall. All concerned were ecstatic. The Pirates were short on size and having a quality PF/C return would in the eyes of many make the squad an NCAA tournament team.

But once Yetna returned to campus he either injured himself or actually returned with the knee problem. I think the latter, but cannot confirm that. That necessitated surgery.

The timeline for his return seemed to be pushed back over and over until a close source and the player himself (talking at a women's game) both said he would be back very late Dec or early Jan.

That seemed to be a viable date until Yetna reinjured himself in his recovery phase with Sha eventually telling the media he was out for the year sometime in Feb.

Sha took a lot of heat from many on our board but I do not think that was fair. Again, I am assuming, but I do not believe Holloway knew of the players knee issue and even if he did the initial prognosis by doctors was that with surgery he would be back right after Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News