ADVERTISEMENT

“He’s Not Going Anywhere”

Hopefully it was a misunderstanding, cooler heads prevail and Jordan is still with the team.

I'm sure KW and Sha had a nice sit down with him already.

Both sides need to be crystal clear, in the long run I can see Jordan overcoming this adversity and becoming a star player here.

Reactions: dmitch023
(Duke fan) 247 so called guru-Andrew Slater broke the story, along with his ridiculous story comparing Seton Hall and that school to the south that has proven nothing yet. Seton Hall has proven themselves on the court the last few yrs and are nationally ranked this year. (Must look at full body of work over a full season and for more than 1 season).

I know more than most and let's just say the reporters don't deserve blame here. I can't say more but you would understand if you knew what I know.

Best to cut them all some slack. From Slater to Zagoria to even Jerry Carino.

The door is open for Walker. He just has to adhere to what he has been told.

That's the done part if he agrees. If not then he's gone.

No matter what happens I hope Walkernis embarrassed for himself on how this has all played out and how everything went public. He's gotta take this as a learning experience, if not don't expect him in south orange much longer

I know more than most and let's just say the reporters don't deserve blame here. I can't say more but you would understand if you knew what I know.

Carino said he had 3 sources and he confirmed the story.
In media these days the rush to be "first" gets in the way with the Truth.

Reactions: LBP43
You don't know what went down so you'll never understand why what happened happened.

No writer was to blame for what they posted yesterday. Your choice on whether you want to believe that or not.

Reactions: Piratz
Carino said he had 3 sources and he confirmed the story.
In media these days the rush to be "first" gets in the way with the Truth.
There was obviously something to the story more than a rumor, either someone in players camp or someone at SHU, or both told these reporters he was leaving. Also, if was never true, someone from either side could have quickly squashed the story, but we didn't start hearing positive news until late in day yesterday.

Just happy as it seems things have been resolved.

There was obviously something to the story more than a rumor, either someone in players camp or someone at SHU, or both told these reporters he was leaving. Also, if was never true, someone from either side could have quickly squashed the story, but we didn't start hearing positive news until late in day yesterday.

Just happy as it seems things have been resolved.
I think there is person or people who are close to Jordan who aren't looking out for his best interests...

You don't know what went down so you'll never understand why what happened happened.

No writer was to blame for what they posted yesterday. Your choice on whether you want to believe that or not.
I think Blame is way to strong a word. Carino obviously with his confirmed sources, get the story wrong. Perhaps he should use HD1 as a background source as you always seem to be 2 steps ahead of him when it comes to Pirate Hoops.

No excuse for getting this so wrong, especially since they've done a 180 in less than 24 hours.

None of the news articles said, "We could not confirm Walker's departure. Attempts to reach the freshman point guard were not successful."

It was reported as a fait accompli. Reporters need to start acting like reporters.

No excuse for getting this so wrong, especially since they've done a 180 in less than 24 hours.

None of the news articles said, "We could not confirm Walker's departure. Attempts to reach the freshman point guard were not successful."

It was reported as a fait accompli. Reporters need to start acting like reporters.

How do you know they didn't get confirmation from Walker that he was leaving? Just because not direct quote from someone doesn't mean they did not confirm, maybe he told them was leaving but it was off the record.

You're wrong and you're wrong because you do not know the whole story.

This will be my last comment on the subject because people will continue to express their viewpoint despite not having all the facts.

Reactions: shupat08
The sports media like the hard news media rely on sources for the information to base their stories on and many times the information is inaccurate, incomplete, fluid or changes from the time the story is made public .

Reactions: shu09 and Piratz

Uh, it’s pretty easy to gather what happened here. If you’re getting information directly from the horses mouth and the horse changes his mind after the fact...there you have it.

We live in an era where every media outlet whether it be outlets that deal with political news, national news , global news, economic news , entertainment news or professional or collegiate sports news has as its primary goal to be first with reporting the news and in that rush to be first inaccurate reporting has become commonplace .

With respect to the Walker story , it originated somewhere and whether the source was reliable enough for the reporter to report the story is open to debate but others will have to figure that out yet I see this story having legs so that it will remain a topic for discussion for a while yet.

Reactions: IHM Pirate
You're wrong and you're wrong because you do not know the whole story.

This will be my last comment on the subject because people will continue to express their viewpoint despite not having all the facts.
Dan but you knew the facts. Jerry could have and not sure if he did call you off the record and compare notes. Nothing wrong with that. You seem like a very obliging guy. The truth is you know more about SHU hoops than he does.

Reactions: Flnj86
If a reporter was told directly from Walker's mouth then you HAVE TO say so.

If Walker asked for anonymity then you HAVE TO ask him why? Why is this a secret that you're telling me.

If the answer is legitimate (such as real fear of reprisal or the source signed a non-disclosure agreement) you MUST include something like, "Sources with direct knowledge of Walker's thinking."

But no reporter did that. An editor should insist and tell the reporter to go back and make a couple more phone calls or send a couple of emails.

Now, after the fact, people come here and say it came from Walker. Where were you people yesterday saying this information. Now that he changed his mind it's OK to reveal him. Total BS.

Reporters are not publicists. They need to stop acting like publicists. Even a great inside source needs to respect that you're a journalist.

If you do this it's almost impossible to get it wrong or have to retract/clarify.

Reactions: Abbo71

Careful, Dan: you are starting to sound Nixonian.

Reactions: IHM Pirate

Join the Trove...

When reading what really went down and how things did a 180 resulting in him coming back starting late in the day yesterday...it makes sense. It also makes sense (to me anyway) why all the reporters posted he was gone.

If a reporter was told directly from Walker's mouth then you HAVE TO say so. If Walker asked for anonymity then you HAVE TO ask him why? Why is this a secret that you're telling me.

No you don't have to out your source. That's not the way reporting works. Sources ask for and receive anonymity all the time. You have no idea what conversations between reporter and sources did or did not take place.

If the answer is legitimate (such as real fear of reprisal or the source signed a non-disclosure agreement) you MUST include something like, "Sources with direct knowledge of Walker's thinking."

But no reporter did that. An editor should insist and tell the reporter to go back and make a couple more phone calls or send a couple of emails.

Labeling of sources is mostly irrelevant. Again, you have no idea what conversations between reporter/sources/editors took place or didn't.

Now, after the fact, people come here and say it came from Walker. Where were you people yesterday saying this information. Now that he changed his mind it's OK to reveal him. Total BS.

Last I checked posters aren't beholden to any reporting policies. This point is irrelevant and silly. I find it funny that you're objecting to what you assume is ready-fire-aim reporting with a ready-fire-aim argument.

Is Jordan suiting up tonight?

Sounds like he’s suiting up. Going to be interesting if he plays. I could be wrong but I can’t imagine he stayed with the team last. If he didn’t stay with the team last night and do all the things the team does to prepare the day prior and day of, I would be surprised if he was rewarded with playing time.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
"Back" where?? He never left.
A bit amusing , and in some fashion complimentary, that a Frosh deciding if he will stay on a Seton Hall Basketball Team draws National news attention.

Not according to quotes from Willard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT