ADVERTISEMENT

“He says my face just looks uninterested all the time..." A lesson for Transfers

400SOAVE

All American
Jan 24, 2009
My fellow Seton Hall women's basketball fans will remember Sidney Cook, who transferred after redshirting one season and playing for one season.

She was very talented and I felt was a significant loss to the Pirates, especially on defense. If she stayed she could have become a first-team All Big East player and helped SHU to advance beyond the first round of the NCAA.

She left to follow one of Donovan's assistants to VA Tech, only to see that assistant leave.

Sadly, we find out one of the the main reasons for her transfer was an "abusive relationship."

And, alas, the attitude. The killer of so many players' potential.

So many transfers are delusional about themselves and the cause of their unhappiness and frustration with basketball and their coaches.

An excerpt:

But when Cook looks back at her college career, she wonders what might have been.

‘Maybe I’m just really critical, but I just feel like I could’ve done more,” she said. “I could’ve been in the gym more, could’ve studied harder.”

How many players can be this honest about themselves?

If any players who transfer from any team think their new coach at another program is going to tolerate their same sad routine and bad habits, they're sadly mistaken.

So they better change their face. Because the same shyt face your current coach dislikes, will be the same shyt face you're going to drag into your new gym. And your new coach will immediately take notice. He may or may not tell you. But he will take notice.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/virgi...cle_a2ef0fbd-e547-501e-8040-343afb260e2c.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT