ADVERTISEMENT

“Just beat Villanova and DePaul” looking pretty foolish.

Metric bros now realizing that NET and KenPom are going to be used to shut the BE out just like the P5 has wanted all along....

Welcome to another edition in, "we are witnessing the end of cbb as we know it"

Metric bros now realizing that NET and KenPom are going to be used to shut the BE out just like the P5 has wanted all along....

Welcome to another edition in, "we are witnessing the end of cbb as we know it"

They've been saying for months that's not what it's used for, but it'll be apparent after 6 pm that's exactly what it was.

I don’t like DH but good for him. He is right (obviously we are biased) but there are clear ways to manipulate the NET (see the MWC). Also your net can really barely move once you get into conference play which is a massive flaw in that metric

If the the 4th place BE team, at 13-7, with wins over the top two teams in the conference (and top 10 national teams), is left out that is a huge embarrassment to the conference and basically makes us borderline mid-major, which DH obviously will use his platform to come out hard against and good for him

They've been saying for months that's not what it's used for, but it'll be apparent after 6 pm that's exactly what it was.
That’s the most agitating thing on this board. The metrics guys on this board kept saying it’s only used as a “guide” and stop obsessing over it.

Yet it’s all we hear about the last few days.

That’s the most agitating thing on this board. The metrics guys on this board kept saying it’s only used as a “guide” and stop obsessing over it.

Yet it’s all we hear about the last few days.

And when you use their metrics to point out how bad some of these resumes are (Michigan State, Oklahoma, etc) it's crickets. Even Wachtel didn't say boo about them until midnight. Wachtel been asleep the entire season?

Reactions: shupat08
And when you use their metrics to point out how bad some of these resumes are (Michigan State, etc) it's crickets. Even Wachtel didn't say boo about them until midnight. Wachtel been asleep the entire season?

That's the funniest part of this board IMHO. Or the most self-unaware part. Not sure which

The committee has a chance to make a statement tonight. Will they? Probably not. Look at Alabama’s team sheet for starters and tell me how in the world they’re a consensus 4 seed. NET #9 is the obvious answer. System is a joke.
15 loss UCF. 17 loss Xavier. And the 11 loss Bradley Braves deserve to be above us!

That's the funniest part of this board IMHO. Or the most self-unaware part. Not sure which

Yep. Still waiting for any metric bro to share how Oklahoma, Michigan St (teams that went 4 for 16 and 3 for 12 in Q1 ganes) and A&M (5 Q3 losses) deserve bids.

Reactions: shupat08
They've both won 45% of Q1/Q2 games, which is actually elite compared to Michigan St.
Total # of Q1 wins was a metric that was discussed by the talking heads when comparing UConn to Purdue (before yesterday's loss). Not sure if that's what the committee uses or not.

FWIW, ESPN has you 1st four out. They also have St. J's out, but two teams above you. I think it will be close one way or the other. Definitely rooting for you guys to be in. I think you'll do some damage. The last loss to St. J's and the bid stealers may have cost you though.

Tar Heels getting smoked so far.

May already even be dead with FAU loss.

Dayton seeming like BEST case - and very iffy - scenario now.

No one to blame but themselves.
We were foolish enough to believe that mantra. I fear so did the team. Lesson for the team: failing to show up never works out.

Also sad they're just kids who didn’t understand the gravity of the situation.

Are you for real?
Yes. I’m saying you can’t blame them for being young kids. Happens all the time, even in pro sports. Is that so bad to say?

The fact that they won auto-bids in low mid majors does not magically transform them into consequential wins,

If it would have been a "bad" loss, winning doesn't move the needle.

Do Virginia's games against NC State, FAU's against Temple/UAB, or Colorado's against Oregon suddenly matter more now for resume purposes?
I think you’re missing the point. It was sarcasm and an attempt at some humor in what is shaping up to be a disappointing day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT